Chapter Seven~ Forever

J A S O N

Surprising Peyton was easy and the look on her face was priceless. She deserved so much more than she got and I was going to make up for it. Peyton might not know how important she is to me yet but she will eventually. 

Peyton sat quietly watching the clouds next to me. I sigh contently just enjoying the company. I loved the way her eyes sparkled when she'd talk about anything she loved. Or how she liked to read on stormy days; sitting next to an open window so the smell of rain could wrap around her. Peyton was perfect in my eyes; She could do no wrong.

This girl was everything I'd ever wanted; she was everything to me. Not that she knew that yet but she would once things settled down.

"Hey P?" I call looking at her.

"Yes." She answered glancing my way.

"Your beautiful." I say running my fingers along her jaw. Crimson dusted her cheeks and she smiled.

"Your not so bad yourself." Peyton whispered softly. I pulled Peyton close she cuddled into my side more. I didn't want this to end yet but we needed to get going soon.

"Beautiful we should start heading back." I says kissing the side of her head.

"Yeah I know but it's so peaceful out here." Peyton sighs leaning into my touch. We were soaking up the last bit of summer, the sun and the heat. It was a beautiful day but it was nearly four and we had an hour drive. After a couple more minutes of procrastinating we both got up packing away what was left of the picnic.

Peyton was quiet most of the drive home till it started raining. The biggest smile I've seen since the break up spread across her face.

"You wanna read when we get back don't you?" I ask glancing at her.

"How'd you know?" Peyton asks softly as she watches the rain fall.

"Because I know you." I state smiling to myself.

"I call bullshit." Peyton laughs.

"Ok let's test my skills ask me something." I say laughing.

"What's my favorite color?" That was an easy question.

"Blue like the sky." She was testing the waters.

"Give me hard one Peyton." I say smiling at her.

"Ok, how about why do I like to read when it rains?" She's still smiling.

"Because the rain calms you down and beside you like to curl up in a blanket next to an open window so you can smell the rain." I state that was an easy question.

"Hmm that was too easy." Peyton thinks for a minute.

"What do I want most in life?" She asks.

"You want to be loved so deeply nobody would ever doubt that you and that person love each other. But it's more than that, you want to trust someone enough to fall without worrying that they'll catch you." I say glancing at her. I couldn't read her expression and for a moment I thought I might've crossed a line.

"Your something else Jay." Peyton whispered smiling to herself.

"I try." I laugh grinning. We pull up into her driveway and an idea pops into my head.

"Let's dance in the rain."

"Really?" She raises an eyebrow at me. Peyton couldn't hide the smile on her lips.

"Yes, come on it'll be fun." I say opening the door. Peyton followed behind until we stopped at the end of the driveway. The grin on my face was contagious, I took Peyton's hand and we started dancing. It was sloppy and we laughed. Overall we had fun dancing in the rain. By the time the both of us made it into the house we were drenched.