The Spirit World 1

Start from the beginning

"Why would anyone do this?" Aang asked, I could tell he was heartbroken.

Aang's always been a sucker for nature, and I have to admit this land was affecting me as well.

"How could I let this happen?"

"Aang you didn't let this happen. It has nothing to do with you." Katara encouraged, but to no outcome.

"Yes, it does. It's the Avatar's job to protect nature, but I don't know how to do my job." Aang sulked, now sitting on the ground.

"Neither does Alura, but look at her." Sokka pointed.

Katara gave him a look, "That's why we're going to the north pole. To find you guys a teacher."

"A teacher, that will teach us how to bend water, not one to teach us how to be the Avatar, or avatars." I spoke quietly.

I don't know really.

Using air to carry some ash in the air, I observed it.

"Exactly. Monk Gyatso said that Avatar Roku would help me."

I looked up at Aang, dropping the Ash.

I was never told that.

"The Avatar before you? He died over a hundred of years ago, how are you supposed to talk to him?" Sokka inquired.

"He's right, you know." I admitted.

"Look I don't know." Aang sighed.

I sat next to Sokka, Katara was walking around, just randomly.

Aang was still sulking and I tried to appear as though I wasn't bothered.

"I can tell your bothered you know." It's like he read my mind.

"It's just what Aang said." I looked up at him, "I don't know the first thing about being Avatar."

I grabbed a handful of ash and blew it away.

"I'll just end up making the same mistake I did before." I mumbled to myself.

Sokka appeared to be thinking.

"Look, if I've learned anything about you it's that you get the job done, despite difficulties." He reassured. "Or anything in your way, I'm sure this all will be no different."

I nodded blankly, but you don't know me.

A comfortable silence filled the air between us.

"Hey Aang, ready to be cheered up?" Katara asked, smiling cheerfully.

"No." He grumbled before getting hit on the head with an acorn.

Katara, again with the throwing objects at people's heads

"Hey, how is that cheering me up?" Aang asked bewilderedly.

Sokka and I chuckled together.

"Cheered me up." Sokka smiled cheekily.

Katara then threw another acorn, but this time at Sokka.

Could I have stopped it? Yes. But did I want to? No, not at all.

"Ow." He said rubbing the right side of his head. "Yeah, I probably deserved that."

"Yeah I think so." I whispered, and he pushed me to the side, playfully.

"These acorns are everywhere, Aang. That means the forest will grow back. Every one of these will be a tall oak tree one day." Katara announced, holding up an acorn.