Chapter 4: he's the only one around and he meant every little thing to me

Start from the beginning

Plus, add the fact, how everyone here became close with him. His manager and his co-workers, they were like family to him. Being young, the people here guided him and molded him to what he is now, he's thankful for everything he had accumulated in this place.

Most of all, he gained a second home and family.

He hovered through the counter being greeted by Dean with a smile as he handed him his apron and visor which primarily served as the employee's uniform. "Good morning, Jungkook."

"Good morning to you too, Dean. Thanks." He returned the smile while taking the apron and visor from Dean's hands, he sincerely smiled at that note; Dean was the same age as his Jin-hyung but he had told him from the start to drop the honorifics and call him as he want, he wanted to build a comfortable atmosphere between them so they could easily go through with their jobs.

He wore the apron and the visor, dashing to the cashier and assuming his place. He setup up the system software, tapping buttons here and there as he began his shift for the day. Although at first, Jungkook didn't seem to fit this task, he was a meek, timid and shy boy that lacked confidence when he spoke. He wasn't much expressive that's why he has a hard time getting what he wanted but as time grew, Jungkook gathered his confidence and spoke with eloquence. He spoke his mind but chooses excellent choice of words as he discussed order after order from the customers. He grew and changed a lot, that's for sure.

He organized the counter properly, setting tissues already and available straws as he prepared for today's work. In a few minutes, his very first customer for today had arrived in front of him. He gave the man a gaze, capturing the image of the man with a very guarded cover up - he wore a cap and had adjusted the turtleneck which covered half of his face. He greeted the man with a smile, "Good morning sir, may I take your order?"

He started tapping here and there, although eyes glued on the screen of the machine, his ears were attentive for the man's order.

"I want an espresso and uhm..." The man paused, contemplating on whether what he should have next before forming a decisive answer. "and you."

That voice.

Jungkook heard that already and he knew exactly who it was before his gaze even landed back on the man in front of him, giving him a soft smile as he pulled the portion of his turtle neck that covered his lips and half of his facial features. He looked picture perfect right at that moment as if some GQ Model went out of the magazine cover and ordered right in front of him. But he didn't want to acknowledge that.

Though, on the back of his mind, he had acknowledged how he looked good after the years - how the years changed him, his facial features becoming more prominent and matured turning him into a man now and how he looked perfect in his all black outfit, from his black cap, turtleneck and coat down to his black shoes. The dark color never failed to compliment his white skin, and it was exactly how he thought. No matter how darkness covered him, he'll always glow.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook inquired in an icy tone. He didn't said it with any anger, nor signs of gritted teeth and no glare coming from Jungkook's eyes; everything was just icy and the icy tone and gaze were as if saying something, signifying that those were intentional and purposely done to build walls - walls of ice between them.

"Someone told me to follow my heart, and so I followed you." Jimin answered, the smile remained plastered on his lips but there were no traces on his face that showed he was joking rather, it was sincere - a sincere pick up line? But it was true: Jimin was only following his heart this time. He had ignored the beat of his heart years back, now he had this one final chance to do so? Would he let it go? And the answer was clear as a day, no. He wouldn't let go of this chance to follow Jungkook.