[chapter nineteen] kiss and kill each other

Start from the beginning

Aires started making her way up the stairs, staying as close to the middle as she could. The last thing she needed was to fall off of them, considering they had no support at the sides. She slowly pushed open the brown doors and cautiously made her way inside. Candle light lit up the room, a harsh breeze flew around, attempting to drown at the chatter in the distance. Suddenly, a figure ran straight past her, completely oblivious to the fact that she was standing there.

"Oh my god." She whispered.

Nobody could see her.

Using this knowledge to her advantage, she walked without care in the direction of the voices. The sound grew louder with every step she took until she eventually found the source. A huge room which held chandeliers and great wooden tables hosted several people around the room, Aries recognised each one of them. The coven.

"We need to move now, she will be undestroyable if we wait any longer."

"She already is undestroyable, Peeta. We can't kill her."

The girl quickly caught onto their discussion, realising who the topic was. How was she here? Was she dreaming it or was it real?

"We need to wait." A firm voice said, stopping all the murmurs in the room.

"But-"

"I said we have to wait. The ancestors already have a plan, one that is going to take time."

"How long?"

"A month. We wait one month before following through with their plan. Beacon Hills is already starting to have problems, we wait till its at its peak and then we move in. The ancestors estimated that to happen in a month. We need to give the kanima time to grow, to evolve. The Taylor girl already screwed up, we need to eliminate her as a threat as well. Once the kanima's identity has been revealed we move in, she cant face so many problems at once. That's final."

Suddenly, Aires jolted up gasping for air, her hands flew up to her throat whilst her eyes squeezed closed.

"Hey, you're okay." Stiles suddenly whispered whilst pulling her into a hug. "It was just a nightmare."

It wasn't a nightmare though, it was a vision- a warning.

'✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

I was fucking seething with rage. It was consuming me, ruining me, tainting every thought in my head. They were after me again. Again

Couldn't the world give me a fucking break?

Storming down the hallway, all I was seeing was red. Swinging open the arty room door, I didn't waste a second before storming over to her and wrapping my hand around her neck.

"What do the coven want?" I demanded coldly whilst slamming her against the wall.

We were alone, just me and her, nobody would know if I killed her, nobody would be here to witness it. Cursing myself mentally, I pushed the thoughts aside. Yes, I fucking hated her, more than anyone in the world. But I couldn't kill her

I couldn't turn into the monster everyone already thought I was. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Sage choked out, with wild, angered eyes. 

"Don't play dumb with me, what do you know?" I snarled, tightening my grip on her throat and scaring her into speaking. 

I was well aware of what I looked like to her. A monster. Wild eyes. Rage consuming me. I looked fucking frantic and irrational- and I knew that. I fucking knew that. I was paralysed in panic, searching over my back for a knife I knew would come my way soon.