Jay was leaning in the doorframe. He stared at her for a few seconds then chuckled. He then held up his hands, showing the backsides of his hands to Emma.
She cocked her head to the side trying to understand the gesture. Her eyes then went large as she realized there was no wasp tattoo on Jay's right index finger.

"Ray!" Emma gulped as she stumbled backwards.

Ray smirked.
"Took you long enough."

"What do you want? I'm going to scream!" Emma warned. She was starting to feel dizzy and nauseous.

"Scream? Cmon... is that really any way to treat your brother." Ray snarked.

Emma scrunched her nose.
"You are not my brother." She spat.

"How do you know that? Lori could've given birth to Jay and I." Ray said.

"Don't say that. Please don't say that!" Emma begged. She closed her eyes and controlled her breathing. The stress was close to making her pass out.

"Relax, okay. I came to see how you were doing. You looked dead when I left you in the parking lot. You were barely conscious." Ray said.

Emma looked at him with furrowed brows.
"That was you? You helped us out of the deli?" She asked. A faint memory of her being picked up by someone played in her mind.
"I thought that was Jay."

"Of course you did." Ray stated and rolled his eyes.

"What were you even doing at the deli? Did you do this?" Emma asked.

"Cool your jets, okay. I was minding my business, just stalking you obviously." Ray answered. "I was waiting for Liam to leave so I can make my grand entrance but that handsome English lad showed up. Seconds later, another vehicle also showed up. After a few minutes, ka boom. I saw someone run off but the flames were spreading."

Emma cringed but she did not believe Ray.
"It was you. You tried to kill me. I know it."

"Wow, Emma. That hurts." Ray said walking further into the room. "I am not a murderer."

"You nearly killed Liam and Connor!" Emma shot back.

"First of all, that still does not make me a murderer but, point made." Ray said. "And if I wanted to kill you, I would've done it already. Besides, I have no reason to come after you. Our beef ended, remember?"

Emma shook her head. She did not believe the act. Ray was crazy, dangerous and calculating.

"Fine, look at it this way. Why would I take you away from Emmett? That little boy still needs you, and you are the only family member he has that isn't fucked up." Ray said.

Emma looked at him. His tone was soft and there was no condescending look or smirk plastered on his face. She did not want to believe him but she felt there was genuine concern coming from him.
"Jay isn't fucked up." Emma corrected.

"How'd he react when you told him Emmett is his brother?" Ray asked.

Silence.

"You haven't told him?"

"There was too much going on. Dropping a bomb like that is crazy." Emma explained.
"Why are you even back here? Aren't you supposed to be tracking your dad?"

"I found him, sorta." Ray stated. "He is in Pioneersdale."

"Pioneersdale? That place belongs to my grandparents." Emma said. Her aunt told her about that town a few weeks back.

"I know. I searched it up before they denied me access to it." Ray explained. "So I came back here, little did I know the town was being terrorized by someone else."

"I'd hardly call it that." Emma scoffed. She did not want to believe any of that. Summerville was safe and peaceful.

"Really? Your aunt's deli is like the 7th business that went up in flames. Not to mention, hijacking and a string of robberies as well." Ray explained. "Do you kids even read newspapers anymore?"

Emma pressed her lips in a thin line. The Masons' car dealership was one of the business set on fire and Peter said he did not think it was an accident. Josslyn overheard sheriff Wilson talking about a drug packet. These were all too many coincidences.

"Anyways, I'm heading out now. Take care of yourself, Em." Ray said and walked out of the hospital room.

Emma walked to her bed and took a seat. Ray might have been a psychopath but he was not stupid. Everything he said made sense. Someone was definitely terrorizing the people of Summerville and Emma was sure it was The Hyenas.
No one paid much attention to it when Peter was attacked at Nemo's Lagoon. That was the first sign.

*

Later in the afternoon, Jay, Connor and Ethan showed up at the hospital with large teddy bears to surprise Emma. She was thankful that the boys came but she was hoping Marcus was going to be amongst them. He and others drove to McCollumford to see Peter instead.

"So you really think it was The Hyenas?" Connor asked.
Emma nodded. She was not going to tell the boys Ray helped her come up with that conclusion. That was a private conversation she would have with Jay at a later stage.

"They once ruled this town so it is no surprise." Jay said.

"I get that, but why go after businesses?" Connor asked.

"Maybe cripple the powerful families first? Scare them off to leave?" Ethan answered. "Maybe it was one of them who tried to break into your house Jay."

"That makes sense." Jay confirmed.

"So what are we going to do?" Emma asked.

Jay, Ethan and Connor all stared at her.

"We? Oh no. We are not going after a gang." Jay said.

"Yeah. This is kinda crazy." Connor supported. "The police can handle it."

"I mean it would be pretty awesome though, just imagine the headlines. Local high schoolers take down notorious gang." Ethan expressed dramatically.

Emma chuckled.

"This is not a movie or book, this is real life and we will get hurt." Jay stated. He had a point. Going after a gang would be dangerous.
It however bothered Emma how the town did not seem that much worried.

There was a small tap on the door and sheriff Wilson walked into the room.
"Hello boys, Emma."

Everyone mumbled a hi and hello.

"I'm sorry, I was just looking for Liam. He said he was here." Sheriff Wilson revealed.

Emma shook her head.
"Liam has not been here since the morning. Maybe he went to school."

"Maybe." Sheriff Wilson said, his brows in a deep furrow.
"Did you boys see him there?"

"Not that I can recall, but he is in advance placement so we barely run into each other." Jay stated.

Emma noticed the corners of the man's mouth turn downwards.
She then remembered that Liam was being weird last night. It seemed like he was going to tell her something important.

"I'm sure he is okay." She assured, faking a smile. "A group of students went to see Peter so he might be with him."

Sheriff Wilson smiled and gave a small nod. He then excused himself.

Emma needed to talk to Liam. She was sure something was going on with him and seeing sheriff Wilson's reaction today raised her suspicion more. He looked sad and disappointed that his son was not where he said he was.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked.

Emma nodded.
"Yeah, just tired." She lied. She was deeply worried about Liam.