Till Time Parts Us

NATASHA'S POV

I'm frozen to the bed in my room.
It's my wedding day. I'm about to get married...
I won't say I'm doubting, but this sure as hell is scaring the shit out of me.

I'm fully dressed, in a big, black wedding dress even, but I can't get up.
I can't get up and get out to the lake where we're getting married. I just can't get up.

"Natasha come on, you've been sitting like that for fifteen minutes" Yelena groans from the door. She's staring annoyed at me with her arms crossed, tapping her foot on the floor, stressing me out.
"Give her time" Wanda says patiently and Yelena scoffs and rolls her eyes.
"Yelena, why are you so annoying?" I ask her, my voice hoarse and weird, but it's there.
"I admit I don't like that he's taking you away from me just as I got back to you, but you love him, and even though I thought we'd have sister time, he's still perfect for you. Don't miss out on that" she says, the last sentence a little forced, but I can hear she means it.

"You're right...he is perfect. But what if I screw it up with all my shit and just me in general?" I ask, looking frantically at both of them.
"You won't. If he loves you, then he doesn't care what you've done, and if you're dangerous" Wanda says and looks down on her hands with a smile. Thanks to Vision she isn't as scared of her powers as she used to.
I look at Yelena for some more advice and assurance, just to let my frozen state thaw before I get up.
She widens her eyes in realization. "Don't look at me, I have absolutely no experience in love" she exclaims.
"Can you check on Steve then?" I ask nervously. I've kept him waiting for too long.
She nods and leaves me and Wanda for some more advice that I'm in desperate need of.

———————————————

STEVE'S POV

The guests are waiting in their seats. Thor - who got himself ordained in Asgard is waiting next to me.

Tony's yawning in his seat, and I know he's doing it to provoke me, because Pepper keeps punching his shoulder to get him to stop.
Clint is on the front row with his family, waiting excitedly with a video camera and a proud smile on his face.
Bruce is sitting a few rows down, looking tense and like he's fighting the Hulk, but he's here out of courtesy.
Vision is looking sympathetically at me, and Rhodes is sitting just behind Tony, continuously rolling his eyes at him.

We invited Scott - who's now jumping up and down from his seat further back constantly to look at me, and I swear he commented on my ass too.
We also invited a few other people that we met back in our old life, just because they felt necessary to us.
But if she isn't coming, then I guess it was all a waste.

My breathing is nervous, and my legs are shaking in both anxiety and anticipation.
I keep looking down, avoiding those gazes from the people that are certain she won't show up.
She has to.

I don't look up until music starts playing and Lila shows up with a flower basket and a pretty dress.
When she's halfway down the aisle with her flowers, Wanda and Bucky shows up in the door in armlock, and just behind them Yelena and Sam.

They all look very concentrated on getting down here good enough, that they take forever before they're here.

Then the music intensifies. Everyone stands up, and there her and Fury comes.

She's beautiful. So absolutely gorgeous and perfect, and in a very short time she's all mine.
I breathe deeply, letting the tears roll off my face as the love of my life approaches me on our wedding day, wearing the most beautiful black wedding dress - I have to say I was skeptical, but it's so beautiful, and it's so her.
Her fiery red hair is a perfect contrast to her dress, and the black color is so perfect to her pale skin. She's just perfect.
I let my eyes descend to her belly where our baby is healthy and safe, and I can't imagine how a day can be more perfect.