Party

STEVE'S POV

"Come on Cap, that is ridiculous!" Sam exclaims as he tries to get me to join a party game where you have to drink after too much Asgardian booze. No thank you.
"I don't like those kinds of games. I'm just going to watch" I say, leaning against a wall to look at the others.
"Rogers..?" Natasha asks with a knowing smirk.
"Fine" I scoff. I really need to do as I promised, because I really want to kiss her as much as I want.

I hate parties. It's gotten a little better over the years, but I haven't got any idea how to smalltalk, so maybe drinking isn't so bad.

"How do you feel?" Natasha yells when we've played four rounds of insane drinking.
"Gooood!" I scream into her face. I can't exactly figure out how far from me she is.
I think she's laughing, but it is a bit blurry.

———————————————

NATASHA'S POV

I try hard not to laugh as Steve begins dancing to some really bad pop song that Wanda and Sam agreed on.

I'm sticking to human alcohol, because drunk Steve is an experience too precious to miss.

"What is up with Steven?" Thor asks, showing up next to me with a flask in his hand.
"He's had too much of your booze" I chuckle.
"Ah! Good thing he hasn't tried this one" he winks and gestures to his flask.
"Is that worse?" I ask. How can any alcohol be stronger than the one he's already brought?
"Much worse! A single sip would make a tiny mortal like you drunk" he nods.
"What about Steve?"
"I don't know. He is quite a big mortal" Thor mumbles.
"Let's put it to a test, shall we?" I smirk, taking the flask from Thor's hand.

"Nat?" Steve calls tiredly from the floor.
I gave him a tiny sip from Thor's flask, and he liked it, so he took four more, and now an hour later, he can barely stand.

It wasn't even my fault. I left for five minutes for another drink, and when I got back, he had fallen down from his chair.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" I ask, stifling a laugh.
"Yes! Nat? I want to kiss you okay?"
"I want to kiss you too, but not now. Do you wanna go to bed?" I ask patiently. I've been trying to get him off the floor for ten minutes.
"No! No I want to dance! I want to dance with Yelena and Sam and Bucky and Tony and..." he rambles.
"I get it, you want to dance with the ones drunk on Asgardian booze, but you're gonna have a hell of a headache tomorrow" I try, but I'm interrupted by Tony yelling from a table in the other end of the room.

I think I'm the only one who hasn't had too much Asgardian booze, and everyone are stumbling around, knocking over chairs and falling over on the rugs.

"WE HAVE ASGARDIAN GRASS!" Tony screams again from the table, and everyone - including Steve, who I'm pretty sure doesn't know what Tony's talking about, joins in on the celebration.
"Yes Loki thought it'd be a good idea!" Thor yells.

No one seems to catch that, and in a second everyone's gathered around the table where Tony and Thor have positioned themselves.

"Romanoff?" Tony asks me with a sly smirk.
I know now, that Loki wasn't evil, he was just sent by Thanos, so I'm not suspicious and I accept and I join the rest of the group in one of the big couches.

Everything is hazy. It smells. Disgusting. It's blurry, the air. It's blurry. I don't know how long it's been. What time is it? Is everyone feeling as good as me? No, no probably not.
Wanda and Yelena leaning over the railing outside.
Sam and Bucky muttering strange sentences to each other, laying on the pool table.
Pepper scolding Tony somewhere.
Thor happily drinking from his flask.
"Can I have some?" I ask him. It's swimming before my eyes, and there are some funky colors. They weren't here before, were they?
"Yes. Here's a bucket. Grass doesn't go well with booze" he says slowly, and hands me a bucket. It's very heavy, and I think there's a tree growing in it, but nonetheless it's clever.