Chapter 23

Happy new year!

Nilsa approached Aerilyn with the other guards that had escorted the girl back to the castle, she could sense that the girl was startled and confused.

"Let's get you back inside the warm" Nilsa ushered the girl in to the castle, where she could warm up.

"Did you have a nice ride?" The vampire opened the door for her and stepped into the hall gesturing to take her coat off.

"Yes actually, it's been a long time since I was able to ride" Aerilyn grinned from ear to ear as she passed a guard the coat to be taken to put away, she wouldn't be needing it when she wasn't permitted to be outside very often.

Nilsa held her hands up "careful it almost sounds like you are warming to her majesty" her humour teasing, the vampire wanted them to get along and be as carefree as the girl is when she is around Nilsa, but Nilsa knew the kinds of things that the humans learnt about vampires growing up and not all of it was necessarily true.

In fact, a lot of it was made up to scare the humans and in still hatred into them from an earlier age.

That is what made it so hard for Aerilyn to understand their ways.

She was still yet to delve into their world.

"As if" Aerilyn rolled her eyes.

The vampire raised an eye brow. "You'd be surprised how seductive she can be, even for a human like you it would be hard to resist her charm" Nilsa shook her head, it didn't take much for anyone to be seduced by the Queen and she had seen it happen several times over her years.

Vampires and humans alike would drop to their knees at the sight of her.

The thought crossed her mind on how Aerilyn would react if the Queen's seductive side came out to play, she imagined the girl wouldn't know what to do and would probably just blush.

It was only the Queen's self control that allowed her to be close to the girl, letting go of that would mean ravishing Aerilyn and marking her.

Aerilyn began walking back to her room for a well needed shower, "What charm" she chuckled to herself more than anyone else, so far all she had witnessed was what she had been warned about.

A cold vampire who took what she wanted when she wanted it.

"Nilsa is right, she would be hard to resist if she actually tried to charm you" Luanna appeared out of no where around the corner with a smirk on her face as if she had been twiddling her thumbs.

The conversation amused her as it wasn't as far fetched as it seemed, both vampires were trying hard to change Aerilyn's opinion about their species, but the girl was still very scared of Luana, merely out of not knowing her.

Aerilyn immediately recoiled into herself seeing Luana, remembering her place in this castle, she stayed quiet as she didn't want to get into trouble.

Luana on the other hand had made sure she was always in a safe distance in case the girl needed her, being who she was she cared for the girl as soon as she found out about her.

Luana knew it wouldn't be easy.

"Please, don't go quiet on my account, I could practically hear you guys from the other side of the castle" She joked with a wide grin.