Chapter 2: Phoenix

Liana's at the Talon when she sees Clark walk in

Liana's at the Talon when she sees Clark walk in. Liana turns around and Clark says, "Hi." Liana says, "Hi? I don't even know what to say to that, Clark." Clark says, "I'm sorry... for the way I acted in Metropolis. I really messed things up." Liana turns to face Clark and says, "I keep telling myself that wasn't you. But then I think back on all the things that have happened and I realize that I don't know who you really are." Liana then turns around and Clark says, "I know you need an explanation." Liana says, "No, I don't. You warned me there were things about you that I wouldn't understand. I guess I just didn't want to believe it." Clark says, "I was protecting you." Liana faces Clark and says, "From what? That's the part I can't figure out because, Clark, the only thing that keeps hurting me is you. After everything you said before you left... Did you even miss me?" Liana turns away from Clark and he says, "I missed you every second. But I can't keep doing this to you." Liana faces Clark and softly says, "Then don't." Clark says, "Liana, I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay." Liana nods and has tears in her eyes and says, "Well, when you decide, let me know." Liana then walks away from Clark and cries. Later, Chloe goes to see Liana at the Talon. Chloe says, "Hey." Liana looks at Chloe and then walks away and Chloe says, "You can't keep avoiding me, Liana." Liana says, "I'm not avoiding you. I had to work late last night and I ran errands this morning." Chloe says, "At 5:30 in the morning?" Liana then turns to face Chloe says, "You want to cut the pretenses? Fine. You lied to me about Clark." Chloe says, "Something we have in common, then." Liana says, "I have apologized to you a 100 times for not telling you about Clark and me." Chloe says, "You're right and I'm over it. So let me say I'm sorry and we can call it even." Liana says, "Chloe, this is so much bigger than me. How could you let everyone worry like that?" Chloe says, "Because the more pressure I put on him, the more he pulled away. I mean, you saw him, Liana. He wasn't exactly the charming flannel king we all know and love. It was like he was--" Liana says, "A different person." Chloe says, "Yeah. Let's face it, Liana. Clark has more issues than the Rolling Stone. Look, I know what I did was wrong. And as much as I hate to admit it, it felt really good being the person he confided in again." Liana says, "Clark's always been more comfortable talking to you." Chloe says, "It's because he's not in love with me." Later, Liana arrives at the Kent's. Liana gets out of her car and walks up to an unknown man and she says, "Do you know where the Kent's are?" The man grabs Liana and brings her to where the Kent's are. Mrs. Kent says, "Liana. Please leave her out of this." Liana turns around and kicks the man and then Liana hits the man with a shovel. Liana grabs the gun he dropped and she and the man fight for it. Liana pushes the man and grabs the gun. The man gets impaled by the rake and dies. Liana softly cries and Mrs. Kent says, "Liana...

 Kent says, "Liana

The next day, Liana rides her horse to see Clark

The next day, Liana rides her horse to see Clark. Liana gets off her horse and Clark says, "Hi, Liana." Liana grabs the lease to Midnight and walks to Clark and softly smiles and says, "Glad your parents are getting a second chance." Clark says, "Yeah, I, uh, I think I'll be earning every cent of my allowance this year." Liana looks hopeful at Clark and says, "So you're staying?" Clark nods and says, "I think I wanna try to put all the stuff that happned in Metropolis behind me." Liana says, "Probably be a good idea if we put a lot of things behind us." Clark says, "I was just thinking that, too." Liana says, "Clark, I know there are things about you that you try to shield me from... but you don't have to protect me anymore." Liana grabs Clark's hand and continues, "Whatever it is, I can handle it. I really want to know you." Clark lets his hand go from Liana and says, "Liana, uh... the way you looked at me in Metropolis... you were, uh... you were disgusted." Liana says, "No, I was confused. You can't blame me for that." Clark says, "I don't blame you. But I can't stand for you to ever look at me that way again." Liana says, "You weren't yourself." Clark says, "Yes, I was. Liana, I chose to let that part of me out. And it's always gonna be there. Trust me, you don't want to know me the way you think you do." Liana says, "Clark, that's my decision to make." Clark says, "Liana... I'm sorry. I wanted this so much. All last year, I tried so hard to be the right guy for you. But I'm not. This will never work." Liana has tears in her eyes and nods. Liana gets back on Midnight and says, "Clark, you never had to try." Liana then rides away from Clark with a heavy heart.