Chapter 8: Shattered

Liana gets a text from Clark to meet him in the stables

Liana gets a text from Clark to meet him in the stables. Liana whispers, "Hello? Are you here?" Clark steps in front of Liana and Liana is startled. Clark whispers, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Liana whispers, "I got your message. I brought the food. Now tell me what I'm doing here in the middle of the night." Clark moves out the way to show Lex and Liana goes to Lex and softly says, "Lex. What's wrong?" Clark says, "There's a possibility he's being drugged. People are after him. I couldn't bring to the farm, and I knew you knew this place." Liana turns to Clark and walks over to him and whispers, "Why didn't you tell me about this?" Clark whispers, "Because if Lex is right everyone who's involved is in danger. And I promised myself I would never put you in that position again." Liana whispers, "What exactly are we mixed up in?" Clark whispers, "I wish I knew. I need you to stay with him." Liana whispers, "Where you are going?" Clark whispers, "I have to get some evidence to Chloe that may prove that he's being drugged. She couldn't come here because we think she's being watched." Lex says, "Don't worry, Liana. I'll tell you everything." Clark whispers, "Be careful. He's not himself." Liana nods and softly whispers, "Go." Liana then kneels in front of Lex and rubs his arm. Liana moves to sit next to Lex, and he says, "Thank you for coming, Liana." Liana says, "I'm just glad you're letting me help." Liana pours Lex a drink and hands it to him. Lex looks at the cup and says, "What is this?" Liana softly smiles and says, "It's chamomile. It'll help you relax." Lex says, "Liar." Liana slightly frowns and says, "What?" Lex stands up and screams, "Liar!" Liana says, "Lex, what's wrong?" Lex yells, "You're trying to drug me!" Liana says, "I would never do that." Lex walks away and says, "I shouldn't have trusted you." Liana follows him and says, "Lex, wait!" Lex says, "Keep away from me!" Lex grabs Liana and throws her into a horse stable. Liana looks up at the horse and tries to crawl away from it, but it kicks her back a few times and Liana lays unconscious. Later, Liana wakes up in the hospital and she turns her head to see Clark. Clark softly says, "Hey." Liana softly says, "How's Lex?" Clark says, "Lex isn't doing so good. I'm sorry. I know how much you wanted to help him." Clark says, "Um, the doctors say that you're doing better." Liana softly says, "I almost died, Clark." Clark softly says, "I know." A tear falls from Liana's eye, and she softly says, "I always thought you were being paranoid." Clark says, "About what?" Liana softly says, "That being around you is too dangerous. But it's true." Clark softly says, "Liana--" Liana softly says, "It's okay, Clark. I know. You were only looking out for me. But your right. I think I have to stay away from you." Liana closes her eyes to rest and another tear rolls down.