🏵️Chapter 23🏵️: When things start to fall apart.

Start from the beginning

"My feet got hurt. Apparently, Mary has been slacking off these days and she forgot to clear the broken glass from the floor which I stepped on as it was dark" she replied me.

"Should I help you scold Mary?" I asked her to display the affection I knew I never had for her.

"Oh, my love. You don't need too". She replied me, as she put her left hand on my face. I was irritated by that but I endured it and faked a smile so she wouldn't start suspecting me.

"You came home late yesterday. You were drunk and it was Lorenzo who helped me carry you to your room".

"Do you know who brought me home?" I asked her.

"Greg brought you home". She replied before suddenly standing up and taking the tea she had prepared from the tray she laid on the bed.

"I made this myself, specially for you, my love". She said as she stretched forth the cup towards me.

I took it from her and held it in my hands.

"Mary does that tea for me when I'm perplexed or angry or tired. It calms the nerve". She told me.

"It's name?"

"Moringa tea". She replied me.

I took a sip of the tea and it was particularly tasteless but I made sure my face showed me expression.

"Babe, I wanted to ask you before..." I started, knowingly trailing off so she could be interested in what I wanted to say.

"Ask me what?"

"Did your father leave you any file or document of inheritance?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I don't think so, but I do know that even if there was such a thing, it wouldn't be with me. Green manages all the documents of my father. Why did you ask by the way?" She replied, her eyes peircing into mine, like they were searching for answers.

At the point, I didn't have a reply for her curious question, so I just stayed there looking back at her awkwardly.

After a while of thinking on the lie to tell her, I told her "I was just curious if a great man like Prince Andrews would leave this world without leaving an inheritance for such a beautiful woman. You deserve the world, babe"

She parted her lips to say something but the knock on the door interrupted her and in came Lorenzo.

"Good morning, Your highnesses". He greeted.

"Good morning, Enzo. Thanks for yesterday". Nora said to him and he bowed his head in respect to her.

"Boss, I need to see you, urgently". Lorenzo said before bowing and walking out of the room.

"What's with the suspense and mystery, my love?" She asked me.

"I also don't know myself. I'll be back, babe". I told her before walking out to see Lorenzo at the door of my room.

"What do you want to tell me?" I asked him.

"The walls have ears, boss. Why don't I tell you in the study?" He suggested and that was when I knew it was serious.

I nodded and walked to the study, enduring the painful headache I was having. Once we were in, he shut the door behind me and walked towards me, where I was sitting already.

"Boss, there's a big problem on ground". He started.

"How big could the problem be?... I've already had the worst news this morning". I said non challantly.