Chapter 22

Sunday morning. Suho and Sehun searched for their missing member.

"The room's empty and the bed's made. I'll call the others, tell them to get over here." Suho closed Chanyeol's door and walked out to the living room with Sehun.

"Baekhyun's not here either." Sehun walked out of the room and sat with him on the couch, waiting for him to finish the call.

Suho covered his face, waiting impatiently for everyone after hanging up. He sighed heavily into the palms of his hands, Sehun patted his back in response.

"Don't worry, they'll be back, eventually." Sehun rested his head on his fist and pet Suho on the back of the head. Suho rolled his eyes at his insincere attempt to comfort him.

"You don't seem worried," Suho said, removing his hand from his head.

"Chanyeol goes out all the time, and just cause he and Xiumin are mad at each other, doesn't mean he won't come back."

"What?" Suho stood from the couch, "you think I'm worried about the fight between the two?

"Yeah?"

"I don't think he hasn't come back because of Xiumin, and Baekhyun's gone, he wasn't even a part of the argument."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean they both just disappeared when this Soomin guy is out to kill us!" Suho paced the room, thinking they were kidnapped and being tortured in that very moment.

"Calm down, I saw them leave together." Kyungsoo came out of the room and stood at the edge of the hall.

"They did? Where'd they go?"

Kyungsoo shrugged, "I don't know, Baekhyun overheard the argument and Chanyeol tried to stop him from leaving. The last thing I saw was them getting in the car and driving off."

Suho stopped pacing; they already asked Luhan about his whereabouts but of course, he didn't know, nor did anybody else in the house. It was either a waiting game or yet another mystery hunt.

"So what are we going to do?" Sehun leaned back to look at Kyungsoo.

"They'll come back soon enough."

He walked back to his room without waiting for their responses. He met Kai at the end of the hall before entering his room. With the look on Kyungsoo's face, he followed him to his room.

On the side of his bed lay his ancient phone that could reach the city while living so deep in the forest.

He picked it up and dialed the three numbers. He turned, putting the phone to his ear, and found Kai in the doorway.

Kai peeked over at the phone, "what are you doing?"

He ignored him, listening to the phone ring for couple of minutes until he finally heard,

"911 what's your emergency?"

Chanyeol woke up early after what happened last night; he was sprawled out on the bed with pillows over his face. He sat up, letting the pillows drop to the floor.

He looked over to see the other side was empty. The sheets hung off the bed where Baekhyun previously was. He scratched the back of his head, looking around the room.

"Baekhyun?" He said in a groggy whisper rather than actually calling out to him, but right on cue Baekhyun came through the door. He had his hoodie over his head and two plates in his hands.

Right when he walked in they both made eye contact, remembering last night's incident.

"Taeyeon made breakfast, she wanted me to bring it up to you."