Chapter 16

"I don't think I'm up for it." He stared out the window looking at the green and pink neon sign that lit up the front of the nightclub. The club only opened a few hours ago but it was already packed.

"Come on, I think we all need a break from being stuck at the house," Kai said, patting him on the shoulder and hopping out of the car.

Everyone soon got out and went inside, "Hey, lock the car when you get out," Kris said, tossing him the keys. Once Kris slammed the door Chanyeol was met with silence; apart from the muffled music.

He sat there, he couldn't just take the car and leave them stranded and most likely they were going to be drunk, so Chanyeol had to be the designated driver. So now he really couldn't leave but he also didn't want to sit in the car while his friends got wasted.

He locked the car up and stepped inside. Chanyeol couldn't even remember the last time he went into a bar, and he just now realized why he didn't go to any. He hated them. They played awful music and everybody was all over everybody.

Chanyeol scanned the place, looking for at least one of them but there were too many bodies in one room. It was a two-story club both holding an unnecessary amount of people in them. It was like a needle in a haystack and Chanyeol was in no mood to deal with it.

"They'll show up eventually," he said to himself as he walked through the crowd. It was a miracle that he was able to find a seat at the bar. With a huff, he sat down and rested his elbows on the table; brushing off the bartender when he asked for an order.

"Absolutely no drinking," Chanyeol told himself. Of course, there were many reasons as to why he shouldn't but manly, he couldn't keep down his alcohol. It was embarrassing to him that maybe two drinks in and he was already drunk. Being told by Kai and Xiumin that he was the touchy, feely, emotional type drunk didn't help either. For such a big guy, people would think he could hold his alcohol but two drinks were more than enough for this giant.

He shook his head at the thought of past times being drunk with friends and turned in his chair. Still, no one in sight and still alone at the bar; now debating whether he should risk leaving his spot and heading upstairs.

The decision was made when a group of women came up to him, trying to make conversation when they clearly couldn't utter a complete sentence. Leaving the first floor and heading upstairs was a good decision.

Still very crowded, the upstairs was much better than down, other than the fact that there were exotic dancers taking up half the floor. It was a lot bigger with couches and booths to sit at and a nice balcony that showed the view of the city.

A quick scan of the place and he couldn't find the rest of the guys up here either. He sat on an available couch and sighed, without drinking or hanging out with friends, a club was quite a boring place to be. He was already growing on two hours at this place but it really felt like the whole night he'd been sitting there.

A woman walked up the stairs and sat at the bar. She instantly made eye contact with Chanyeol, but her intimidating eyes made the confrontation short. She ordered a drink for herself and spun in her chair to watch the dancers. They both kept catching glances at each other, except for when she looked at him he was always the first to look away. Chanyeol was curious as to why she kept looking at him, thinking maybe they knew each other.

She had dark hair with bangs, bold makeup that Chanyeol could see from across the room. Her outfit was no different from her makeup, a short bright pink dress, and all kinds of accessories decorating her. She was quite pretty to Chanyeol and he couldn't help but look at her, she sipped her margarita with a straw minding her own business.