Chapter 2

It was 5 am, 3 days after the incident and Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen. In another territory, Chanyeol had just woken up from his 4 hours of sleep in his king-sized bed. The sun peeked through the curtains and landed directly on Chanyeol's face. In protest he turned his back, not wanting to accept that morning had arrived.

After a couple of minutes, he eventually got up knowing he couldn't go back to sleep. With his hair sticking out in every way possible he headed to the kitchen. There he found Xiumin and Kyungsoo, both looking like they never went to bed. Not a hint of sleepiness was on them as they sipped their morning beverages.

"Morning Chanyeol," Xiumin said, taking a sip on his coffee. Chanyeol only waved him off and groaned. He opened the fridge and looked around, nothing seemed to appeal to him or his taste buds.

"Are you patrolling this morning?" Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol's back who was still in the fridge waiting for an answer.

"No, too tired from last night's shenanigans," Chanyeol said, grabbing a strawberry smoothie. Three lone wolves decided to wander into Chanyeol's territory, planning to take one of their mates, which were nonexistent. No one had a mate except Suho, but that relationship ended a long time ago. She left him for another man but later went missing due to the lack of protection for omegas.
Things never really got better for omega's for years to come, they always seemed to end up in the wrong hands, like the ones he had to fight off last night.

Chanyeol was a big believer in protecting omega's, whether he knew them or not. He made a statement that any omega that stepped into his territory was under his protection. After that Chanyeol was known to take in omegas. He used to let them in his home but now lets them stay in rented bungalows, a side business of his. He let them stay there until they could get back on their feet and protect themselves. The bungalows were located near his other house, where the rest of his members lived. Lay, Tao, Kris, Luhan, and Chen.

The pack was separated due to the size of the pack being too big. But it had its benefits. Chanyeol had the biggest territory in the area and some would say in the world. To make sure he could keep the land and keep everyone safe, he protects the West side of the territory while Kris protected the Eastside. Chanyeol is the alpha of the pack but shares it with Kris since he can't always be at the east side with him. Chanyeol lives with Xiumin, Sehun, Kai, Kyungsoo, and Suho. Even though more members lived in the house he was left by himself to fight off the wolves for himself.

"Sorry about last night; didn't hear what happened until after you fought them off," Xuimin shrugged, making Chanyeol scowl at him.

"You didn't even check to see if I was ok!" Kyungsoo decided to leave to stay out of the drama, but Xiumin sighed and got up as well.

"Look Chanyeol, it was late at night and you're a skilled fighter, we know you've fought worse." He put on his jacket and a beanie and looked at Chanyeol as he opened the door.

"Looks like they didn't even leave a mark on you."

"Where are you going?" He chugged the smoothie down while watching Xuimin get ready.

"I got a job at the border," Xuimin slammed the door shut and walked off. Just as the door slammed Sehun appeared from his room, looking the same as Chanyeol.

"When did he get a job at the border?" He continued the conversation with Sehun even though he wasn't there for it.

Sehun shrugged, "Last week," he walked to the fridge and started moving things around. The border was a place where all territories came together to sell goods and find jobs as humans. It was for people who didn't want to always live their lives as wolves, it was like a small society of humans or more like wolves that wanted to be human. There were small neighborhoods and office buildings, small markets that sold fresh meat for people that needed to feed their wolf.