Chapter 6

Chanyeol had a pit in his stomach, waking up to the omega's uncontrollable coughs. They left him alone that night leaving him without his ventilator. Chanyeol felt it was his fault that the omega got worse overnight. He was the first to wake to the sound and wished he could do something to help but all he could do was keep himself away from him.

He laid there, not wanting to move but also couldn't bear hearing the muffled coughs. He threw the blankets off him and headed to Suho's room, the least he could do was get someone else to help him. He walked by the omegas room and couldn't help but stop. He put his ear to the door and listened. He heard the omegas breathing, it sounded like he was sleeping. Every time he took a breath he made a groggy humming sound and every now and then followed by a cough.

With a feeling of guilt, he walked to Suho's room and gave it a small knock. He waited but no one answered. He opened the door and peeked through. He opened it wider to reveal a neatly made bed and sparkly clean room. He looked around but he was nowhere to be seen. Chanyeol started to question what day it was and if he was supposed to be at work or not.

He headed to the kitchen and checked the time, Sunday 3:34 am. He blankly stared into the abyss, too tired for this. He decided to go to the next room, Xiumin. A few small knocks and Chanyeol was surprised at how fast he answered.

"You're up early." Chanyeol shoved his hands in his sweats looking at a barely tired Xiumin.

"Yeah, our guest is a little loud." Xiumin nodded his head towards the omega's room.

"Well about that, I need you to get him on the ventilator."

"What about Suho and Kyungsoo, there the morning feeders." Xiumin rested his hand on the door, not really up for the task.

"Suho's gone, where I don't know and I found you up first," Chanyeol shrugged and walked down the hall waiting for him to follow. Xiumin let out a small sigh and met him at the omega's room. Chanyeol stuck his hands out, motioning to him to open the door.

"He's probably asleep, you can do it yourself."

"I already got in trouble with Suho and I don't want to take any risks." Chanyeol folded his arms and leaned on the wall. Xiumin rolled his eyes and blatantly opened the door making Chanyeol shush him. Xiumin found the omega sleeping with his head lying off the side.

Xiumin knelt by his side and looked for the tubes for the ventilator. He looked in the shelves of the nightstand and under the bed but couldn't seem to find them.

"Chanyeol."

"What?"

"Where's the tube and the mask?" They both tried to speak quietly across the room but their voices seemed to echo. Chanyeol peeked out from the door frame and looked around the room.

"I don't see it," Chanyeol said to which Xiumin looked at him, unimpressed.

"Get in here he's not gonna wake up." Chanyeol shushed him again and looked at the sleeping omega. He cautiously walked into the room and searched with him. He looked in the bathroom under the sink and even in the shower but it was nowhere to be seen. Chanyeol looked under the bed and Xiumin looked in the kitchen. Baekhyun shifted in his sleep, uncomfortable because of his chest.

Chanyeol lifted his head from the bed and spotted a clear plastic mask sticking out from under the omega. He face-planted on the bed, silently cursing to himself. He tried to wave down Xiumin but he was under the kitchen sink and didn't notice. Chanyeol stared at the omega, trying to figure out a way to get it without disturbing him.

The best he figured was to face the omega and pull it out the side. He looked for Xiumin but he moved on to look in Suho's room. He quietly walked over and came face to face with him. He hovered his hand over the mask but quickly pulled it away. He bit down on his knuckle, I should just get Xiumin.