Chapter 15

Suho was almost always the first to call when things weren't going right; so Kyungsoo clicked on his contact first.

"Hello? What's wrong?" Suho said, already assuming the worst. Tao and Kris turned their heads hearing Suho's concerning words.

Chanyeol just came out of the shower and joined them in the living room with a towel over his head. Unaware of the phone call, he plopped down on the couch and watched TV. Suho paced the room and listened to Kyungsoo on the phone.

"Wait, Baekhyun doesn't know what? A heat? What does that even mean?" Suho said, putting his hand on his forehead.

When Chanyeol heard his name he whipped his head towards Suho, staring at him, waiting for him to speak again.

"So he's never been in heat? What? How old is he?" The more questions he asked, the more confused he got. He shook his head and ended the call, saying he was going to head over there and see what was happening for himself.

Chanyeol stood up just as Suho put on his coat, " Let me come with you." He mentally slapped himself, not meaning to say that, or at least not out loud. He stood there awkwardly, there's no turning back now, he might have a little luck on his side.

"No." Suho shut the door and Chanyeol heard the engine roar and fade in the distance.

Guess not.

"Come on, we're not that bad," Kris said, sprawling himself out on the couch. Chanyeol sighed, If he were to go back to the house he would end the same as last night.

"Come on, it's already late, let's head to bed and forget about last night." Tao stood up and hit Kris's arm to get him up as well.

Tao was right, he should go to bed and sleep off the rest of his rut. There's no point in going back and forget Baekhyun, which was something Chanyeol had to keep telling himself.

He had to keep telling himself that for almost a week now; cooped up in his room hiding under the covers and sleeping off the whole day. It was all so weird to Chanyeol, having felt like his whole life was thrown out the window.

Who knew there were so many after-effects when coming off of a rut. All Chanyeol could do was sleep, and when he wasn't sleeping he was eating. Might have gained a couple of pounds but Chanyeol couldn't bother to try and work them off.

The others tried to get him up, even motivating him with food to at least try to get his life somewhat on track.

"Come on Chanyeol, It's been four days!" Chen played tug of war with Chanyeol's sheets and was losing terribly. Chanyeol was a slob but he still had some strength. He didn't even bother opening his eyes; just pulling the sheets over his head with a groan.

"Chanyeol It's one in the afternoon, get up and go do something!" Chanyeol let go of the sheet and sent Chen flying backwards and landing on his butt, whilst Chanyeol grabbed the sheets that Chen dropped and threw them over him again.

"There's nothing to do, I don't want to get up."

"Well Suho called, said everything's fine. We can head back if we want," Xiumin stood at the doorway and watched Chanyeol poke his head out of the sheets.

"Really we can go back? Already?" Chanyeol said, blinking the sleep out of his eyes.

Xiumin nodded, "yeah but I suggest you take a shower before we go."

And with that Chanyeol was up, stumbling around in search of clean clothes and a towel. Once he acquired those things he headed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, yikes. Four days without washing made him look like a whole different person, a gross-looking person.