Hey big brother - chapter 2 ४

Zacznij od początku

"Y/n. I did listen, and this time heist you're trying to pull of won't work. Cause that's now how quantum physics works.." Tony is getting more frustrated, and you can feel that he isn't going to cooperate. Before you can think of what to say Nat speaks up.

"Tony... we have to take a stand" her worried face and shaky voice makes you get a lump in your throat. You of all people know how much she needs this to happen.

"We did take a stand. And yet here we are. We lost"
Tony raises his voice, he's clearly had enough and now they are just testing his patience. So The moment Steve stands up, you know it's not gonna end well.

"Look Tony, I know you've got a lot on the line.. you've got pepper, Morgan, y/n" Steve can barely finish saying your name before Tony races towards him.

"Don't say their name in front of me right now Rogers, you of all people have some nerve coming here" Tony's face is getting red, you move in between them looking directly into his eyes calming him down, just like you did when you were a kid and he'd get mad at you for taking his tech.

Scott takes over from Steve. "I lost someone really important to me, a lot of people did Tony. But now we can bring them all back, and you're telling me you won't even.." Scott raises his voice, and is just about to get angry when Tony starts to walk away.

"That's right Scott, I won't even... I can't. "
As Tony is speaking Morgan comes out and Tony picks her up "mommy told me I should save you" she looks at you, and you see a bit of yourself in her. You know understand why he can't do it. He can't loose anymore people. This is his home..

Tony now stands in the door to the house, he's just about to go in when he turns around.
"I wish you where coming here for something else, especially you y/n, you're all welcome to stay for dinner, table is set for 7.." before he can go inside Steve grabs his arm.

"Look Tony, I'm happy for you, and I know you're happy for me as well, and I love y/n, I don't want to loose her either. But this is our second chance." Steve looks at Tony with hopeful eyes that maybe he got through too him this time.

"I've got my second chance right here, Cap. And you got yours over there." Tony looks at you and smiles before he goes in with Morgan on his arm.

Scott, Nat and Steve are on the way to the car, but you're still standing on the porch. Steve notices you're not there and turns around to see you.
"Are you coming sweetheart?" You look at him with tears in your eyes "No I think I'll stay for dinner, I'll see you tonight, love you"

You watch as they get in the car and then you sit down on the porch. You finally break down.. you haven't cried since the night after the blip. It felt reliving but also like you heart had been broken a 100 times all at once.  Pepper walks out and she wraps her arm around you. "Hey honey, we've really missed you, Tony especially, he hasn't stopped talking about you" Her calming and soft voice makes you feel a little better, and you can't help but chuckle at the fact that Tony has talked about you.

"Of course he's missed me, I'm kinda incredible" you say in between tears and laughter.

"Why don't you come in and stay for the night, Morgan has been dying to play with you"  her big smile is the greatest comfort you've ever felt.
Pepper and Tony had almost been your extra set of parents, you and Tony were 20 years apart. You where only 1 year old when your parent passed away, so Tony was always taking care of you. The bond between you and Tony was therefore a lot different than any other siblings, that's probably why he got so upset when your started dating Steve.

At the dinner table you felt so at home, You and Morgan where having so much fun talking about all the things she wanted to be when she grows up. You never wanted that feeling to go away, it made you question whether or not you should put all of this at risk by traveling back in time. For once in your life you felt like maybe it all would work out.

After dinner you fell asleep on the couch in the living room, the comforting sound of friday speaking, and the flickering pages made you feel safe and calm.
You had been suffering for nightmares ever since hydra, but as for right now you where sleeping peacefully on the couch. Your dreams where quickly interrupted as Tony shook your entire body.

"I figured it out, y/n" his voice echoed through your half asleep mind.

"I'm sorry you figured what out exactly?" You said with a raspy low voice.

"Time travel"