~Chapter 12 Sedia~

Friday!  Finally!  I worked till close Friday and Saturdays, made it easy with the kids.  Typically Shirley would watch them but with Jordan in town?  He would instead.  Gave his parents a weekend to themselves.  I already knew I'd be behind the bar.  To be honest I liked it better than serving.  I knew most of the customers that walked in our door.  No one got out of line, Lost Brotherhood or Lost Order were always around.  For two nights a week I was more than a mom.

"Okay, they've had one story.  They only get one more.  Then it's lights out." I found my purse and tossed my phone in. "Don't let them scam another one.  Be firm Jord."

"Look at you sexy momma.  Someone special going to be in the bar tonight?" Jordan teased, looking me up and down.  A look in his eyes I'd never seen before.

I glared at him and flipped him off.  Okay, so maybe I tried a little harder tonight.  Instead of my usual tight t-shirt I wore a black bustier style top that showed my boobs to their advantage.  My curly red hair was even loose for a change.  I wore my usual skinny jeans. "Sometimes it's nice to remind myself."  My voice trailed off.  Not even I bought my flimsy excuse.  I knew there was a good chance Raid would be in.  I tried to convince myself it was a fuck you, look what you can't have kinda thing.  I grabbed my purse and jacket off the barstool.

"Sed, you look fucking hot.  You planning on coming home tonight?" Jordan raised an eyebrow and paused at the bottom of the stairs. "It's okay if you don't." Reminding me I was still a woman with needs.  Thing was, I'm not a one night kinda girl.

"Jord...I'm working not out to get laid.  I'll get better tips this way." No way was he buying it.  I didn't even buy it.  Some sick part of me wanted Raid to notice me, I just didn't want to let him close.  Makes me kinda twisted I guess.  Maybe a sick side of me wanted to torture him.  Problem was I may end up being the one getting burnt.  Again.

"Just text me if you aren't coming home.  I'll manage."

I laughed and walked out the door with a wave.  The trip into town was far too short.  I pulled into the staff parking lot beside Deanne butterflies in the pit of my stomach.  I paused long enough to fix my lipstick, screaming red.  Who said gingers can't wear red!?  So what if it was Raids favorite.

"Wow!  You look hot!  Expecting someone special tonight?" Deanne teased with a wink.

"Thanks Deanne, just needed to remind myself that I'm more than a mom." Deanne moved to town and started at the bar a couple years ago.  She showed up one day, running from something.  I never asked, I knew about secrets.  We hit it off immediately, have been close ever since.  Since I do the schedule we work together a lot.  As my closest girlfriend even she didn't know who the twins father was.  She'd respected me enough to not ask.  I respected her enough to not ask about her skeletons.

"Oh, we're short tonight.  Sally called in sick.  Again.  You want to call Joe in?" Deanne said.

I thought for a minute, Joe and Shirley hadn't had a weekend off in a while.  "No, We'll manage.  I don't want to interrupt Joe and Shirley.  I think they may be away.  Jordan is still on leave and watching double trouble tonight.  Maybe Drake will stay a little later." Fucking Sally!  One more time and I'd have to speak to Joe.

"You know he will.  Sedia that man would do anything for you."  Deanne said.  "All you'll have to do is smile at him."

I laughed at that suggestion and followed her into the bar, shutting the staff door behind me.  I took a minute to look around, the happy hour crowd still lingered.  The bar along the back wall had more than a few regulars around it.  Drake looked like he'd just returned from the cold store room, a keg of beer balanced on his shoulder.  Drake wasbuilt something like a line backer, only difference was his six pack.  I wouldn't be surprised if he'd played in school.  He was a draw with women, his build and easy smile drew them in.