~Chapter 2 Raid~

I walked out those gates breathing my first deep breath in over four years.  The CLANG as they slammed shut behind me was a song that would echo in my soul forever.  NO WAY, I WAS NEVER going back to that hell hole!  I looked into the parking lot shading my eyes.  The sun glared, bouncing off a vintage black mustang that could only belong to one person.  It was a pinky swear made over the blade of a knife when we were kids.  Even then we knew where life would take us.  Growing up around a 1% MC, there were certain realities we learned at a young age.  When your fathers were President and VP you learned even faster.

"Pyro you mother fucker!"  My throat tight with emotion, I grabbed his hand pulling him in, pounded his back. 

"You think I'd forget?  I told you I'd always get your sorry ass.  Get in.  Your bike is waiting at the clubhouse.  Your room locked up and ready.   There's a piece in the glove box with a new phone.  You wanna stop by Rotty's on the way home?"  Pyro failed to hide his excitement.

Saturday afternoon, I knew without a doubt SHE wouldn't  be working.  Likely SHE was long gone.   That girl had dreams that didn't include the small town she grew up in.  Last thing I needed today was to go to the place where we fucking met.  Supposed to be celebrating.  SHE had haunted my dreams the last four years, time to wash that girl out of my system.  Not sure I was even ready to walk into where we met yet.

"Nope.  Do you know how long it's been since I fucked a girl?  I need a bottle of JD, a woman and then a decent night sleep."  I pushed away the ache that had taken up residence in my chest.  Had to be a sweetbutt at the clubhouse that I hadn't tried yet.  I mean, it's been four years.  I ignored Pyro's raised eyebrow.  He alone knew how much SHE meant to me.  Close as brothers since birth Pyro knew me better than anyone. 

"You sure about that?  Don't fuck with me.  It's just us."  Pyro fired back. 

"She's not going to be there.  That girl had dreams Pyro."  I retorted, looking out the window.  "Dreams that didn't involve my sorry ass.  Four years, SHE'S moved on.  At least I hope so.  SHE always was too good for me."  Yet SHE set my soul on fire from the first glance.

A comfortable silence descended between us.  I watched the world roll by thinking about the night I met HER.  The minute I'd walked into Rotten Rotty's that night I'd noticed her fiery red hair, she had a body I wanted to spend days getting to know.  Curves in all the right places and an ass I could grab hold of.  I was there on business, didn't stop me from checking her out all night.  I'd walked out with my brothers determined to come back and make her mine.  Even today, with the time inside to reflect?  I'd change nothing.  Okay, maybe going to jail.

Pedal to the metal now that we were on back country roads with Slipknot screaming.   Pyro had us back to the clubhouse in no time.  He never had learned the definition of slow.  I eased my way out of the car tucking the new piece in the small of my back under my cut.  I'd felt naked inside without it, I'd had a weapon on me since high school.  The phone I shoved into my pocket, just a burner anyway.  My pride and joy stood out front; shiny and pristine.

"Tuned her myself.  One of the prospects spent the night washing it.  Punishment for making trouble at Rotty's last night." Pyro answered my unspoken question. 

I was at a loss for words.   Overwhelmed didn't begin to cover it.  With a deep breath I opened the clubhouse door to cheers and cat calls.  A large bottle of JD was thrust in my hand, I couldn't resist.  I took a long drink relishing the burn.  Someone had planned a party, there were more than a few old ladies present.  I wound my way through the room, acknowledging those I could.  Eventually making my way to the bar along the far wall.  A row of Tequila shots were lined up, at the end on her knees a sweetbutt I didn't recognize. 

My dick was instantly hard, her barely there bra meant that her nipples winked at me.  At least my dick remembered what to do.  After that last shot my pants opened as if by magic, the wet heat of her mouth wrapped around me.  The relief I felt at blowing my load left me hollow.  Wrong lips and wrong girl.

At some point I made it out the back door.  Leaning against the clubhouse I took in the stars.  Wait!  When had the sun gone down?  Likely while I'd been sucking back the JD while that sweetbutt Cindy? Sandy? Sally? Clearly the sun set while some girl bounced away on me.  Fuck I felt dirty.  All I really wanted to do was hit up Rotty's and see if SHE was still in town.

I looked over as the door beside me opened "You okay?"  Pyro asked carefully shutting it behind him.

"Yeah, it's just a lot" I answered truthfully.

Pyro handed me a case of beer, and gestured to me to follow.

"Thought as much.  Follow me."  He walked down an unlit path I'd never seen before, at the end a tiny house.  "Just after you went in I had this built and brought out here.  Runs on solar power."  There were a couple Adirondack chairs along one side, a fire pit in the middle.  I watched as Pyro bent down and lit the fire, the flames shooting high.

"A few know about it.  Pops for one obviously" He explained.

"Fuck man, watch It!"  I exclaimed as the flames danced.

Pyro just grinned, his eyes shining.  "Do you remember that night we made the pact?  Fucking pinky swear over a blade.  We thought we were tough little shits then."

"Like yesterday, thought your dad was going to skin us alive after he discovered that bottle missing."  Pops had a long string but once lit up he blew.  Given that my dad was his VP I usually felt his wrath standing beside Pyro.

Pyro laughed, opening a bottle of beer he stretched in one of the chairs.  "Then he made us clean up the clubhouse including all the bathrooms the next day after that party."

"I still can't stand rum."  I shuddered at the thought, my stomach turning.

We reminisced far into the night.  I woke surrounded by empty cans and the sun shining in my eyes.  Pyro's snores from the chair beside me did nothing for the hammering in my head.  I got up, giving Pyro a swift kick on the bottom of his boots.  Checking the time I realized it was far too early.

"What the fuck man!  Church ain't for another couple hours." Pyro groaned checking the time on his phone.

"Don't be late, I'm grabbing a shower and real food." I answered with a shake of my head.

I made my way up a set of stairs to my room, fishing out my keys.  Clearly the bedding was fresh, as were the towels in the bathroom.  Member rooms in the clubhouse weren't much.  A bed, tall dresser a closet and a side table if you're lucky.  All of them had their own bathroom.  It wasn't much but fuck nothing had looked better.  A long hot shower washed the cobwebs and cleared my head.  I stood under the water till I pruned up.  After I dried off I sat in the end if my bed and let it all sink in.  I was out.  In  my dresser I found a fresh black t-shirt and clean jeans.  I grabbed my cut from the end of my bed, my piece, phone and keys.  I prepared myself to resume my Life. 

I hit the kitchen with Pyro after church before we headed into town.  Ma was at the counter, putting some bacon on a plate beside a fluffy stack of pancakes.  I laughed as Ma slapped Pyro's reaching hand away with her spatula.

"Ow!  What the fuck Ma!"  Pyro pulled his hand away shaking it.  WHACK!  Ma reached across the counter and got him again.   I couldn't stop the snort that escaped.

"First one is because that's Raids plate.  Second is language.  You know I won't tolerate cussing in my kitchen.  Here you go Raid dear, welcome home."  Ma hadn't changed, her rough tone hid a heart of gold.

I blushed and ducked my head, I'd dreamed of these very pancakes while on the inside.  "Thank you Ma." I leaned over and gave Ma a swift hug and kiss on her cheek.  All the while giving Pyro the middle finger behind my back.  Ma was in fact Pyro's mom, however since we'd grown up together she'd become Ma to me a long time ago.  Her cooking was the stuff dreams were made of.

It was much later that we left the clubhouse.  Ma insisted on second helpings.  Pops had come in and unofficially filled me in on recent events not covered in church.

"When we're done today you'll want to hit this place up.  Trust me, it'll be worth your while."  Pyro handed me a piece of paper with an address on it.

"Sure?"  I shot him a confused look.