epιlogυe ─︎ мagιc

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - AMAZON

Acknowledging they would leave soon to search for other Eternals and familiarize them with their true purpose, Druig and Y/n chose to go back home for a couple of hours, desiring to see what remained of their home one last time.

Now, just like various times before, they sat comfortably on a stable tree branch with a bag of sweets hanging off the edge, laughing uncontrollably. Stars shimmered in the sky, some covered by the forest's leaves and some completely exposed, but they were all equally elegant.

Even before their marriage, they had grown to relish the asteroids and constellations that littered the dusky atmosphere, and it reminded them of all the unexplored regions the universe contained, one of the things they loved the most.

Tangled up in the tree were lanterns, preventing the couple from loitering in the obscurity along with the occasional groups of fireflies.

"I have a surprise for you," Y/n whispered, using the air to float the bag of sweets to her hand.

"Is it something that can kill me?" Druig said, wary as he finished gulping down his preferred beverage and stabilized the empty cup on the branch.

"Well, you know how I let you beat me in rock-paper-scissors?" Y/n questioned, smiling as she pulled out Druig's favorite snacks, yet still kept them hidden.

"You let me win?" Druig scoffed facetiously, watching her pupils dilate. "My beautiful, beautiful Y/n, you simply don't like to lose, do you?"

Feeling a fluttery sensation arise in her abdomen, Y/n responded with a whimsical smirk, "Nope, and I never will, my love." Moving the package of desserts away from behind her back, she giggled as Druig's eyes lightened up, widening his grin. "I might not like to lose, but I keep my word."

"God, no wonder I fell in love with you. I might not love you as much as these candies, but I do love you a lot." Druig said, joking.

"Wow," Y/n muttered, pretending to be offended as Druig snatched the food out of her hands. "It's time for a divorce." Preparing to take off her ring, Druig immediately apologized, placing the snacks on his lap and clutching onto her hands to stop her from removing the stunning piece of jewelry.

"Darling, I love you more than sweets. No divorce needed." Druig chuckled, caressing circles onto the back of her palm.

"That's what I thought," Y/n said, pecking his lips unexpectedly. Desiring more than just a peck, Druig's hand snaked around her the nape of her neck, pulling her to unite their lips once more, and his wife did not hesitate to return the sudden gesture. Feeling the spark of passion course through both of them, they were reminded of how much they cherished their spouse. They loved each other more than the ambiguous spots in space and random candy the mortals created.