⇨︎ cнapтer one ; power

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

5000 BC - MESOPOTAMIA

As the waves crashed onto the shore, something evil prowled about in the ocean, stalking their prey. Two humans, father and son, comfortably roamed around, unaware of the true predator patiently waiting to strike. The son sliced the fish that his father just caught, eating, while the father attempted to grab more. Abruptly, two men shouted from a cliff, swaying their hands in the air and urging them to run away. Searching for guidance, the son looked at his father, calling out to him.

"Run." the father instructed before a creature consumed him without remorse. Stunned by what occurred in front of him, the son stood on the rocky shore, paralyzed. Before the monster could consume the young boy, the Eternals stepped in, saving the boy's life. Ikaris had used his powers to push the beast away, enabling Y/n to sign to Makkari to get the boy out of the way as Ikaris flew forward and punched it.

Finding herself bored, Y/n spotted another Deviant and used her power with the wind to fly towards it. Turning invisible to confuse the Deviant, she was able to touch the monster for about five seconds, draining all the power it possessed. Once the Deviant collapsed on the ground, exhausted, Thena finished it off.

Kingo used his power to shoot at the multiple Deviants approaching, soon calling Y/n for backup.

"Can't handle it yourself?" Y/n teased.

"Just help, won't you?" Kingo chuckled lightly, and she graciously obliged. Druig observed Y/n from afar since the others had it covered, and he grinned as he noticed the satisfaction Y/n took by slaughtering the abnormalities. Her well-defined combat movements, her furtiveness. Everything about her utterly captivated him.

But each time Y/n stole a deviant of their power, the further her powers unknowingly increased. Often, too much power can lead to disastrous consequences. However, there is no doubt that anyone can steer away from said disasters with the right people.

The Eternals were more than just a team; they were a family. Deep down, even if the group never admitted it, they knew they had each other's back. Flawlessly, Gilgamesh and Thena killed as many Deviants as they could, along with the rest of the team. Soon, each Deviant in their sights was no longer alive, and the human looked at the group with confusion. With their weapons drawn, the humans approached them, but before they could even think about using their spears, Sprite, Druig, and Phastos departed the Domo. Eyes flickering gold, Druig gained control over the humans, resulting in their spears clattering in the dirt.

Now, the entire team (comprising Ikaris, Kingo, Thena, Druig, Y/n, Sprite, Ajak, Gilgamesh, Phastos, Makkari, and Sersi), stood before the humans as Druig released the control he had over them.

"You were pretty bad at fighting those Deviants, Y/n," Druig remarked jokingly as he stood close beside her.

"You're just jealous your powers weren't needed, Druig." she taunted, smiling widely.

"Harsh much?" he chuckled. "I guess you were pretty great."

"I was remarkable, but you're just too blind to admit it," Y/n commented.

"Let's just agree to disagree, shall we?" Druig offered.

"Nope," Y/n said before hitting Druig softly on the back of his head.

"Hey!" he said. "That's abuse."

"Oh, you poor thing." Y/n declared sarcastically.

"When you guys are done flirting, the humans could use some reassurance," Kingo whispered to only Druig, earning a harsh glare. Sersi transformed the boy's knife into a better version with golden emblems and blue coloration, almost as if to show a sign of peace. It was the start of an unfamiliar experience, one Y/n had been dying to commence.

She smiled uncontrollably, restraining herself from jumping up and down. Druig simply smiled as he gazed at her, admiring.

"You're making it a bit too obvious." Makkari signed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Druig signed back.