⇨︎ cнapтer ѕeven ; proмιѕe

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

575 BC - BABYLON

When Y/n woke, she was surrounded by her family as they watched her with anxious eyes. Druig's arms were wrapped around her, conveying her a feeling of invincibility and safety. Sensing an unusual pressure on her wrist, she glanced down, noticing a gorgeous bracelet clasped on tightly. Different shades of green faded into each other and the numerous lustrous insignias complimented the earthlike pigment.

"What happened?" she asked, feeling her head pound profusely. No one answered, almost as if they were afraid to deliver her the bad news and set her off.

"I'll tell her alone," Druig said. Hesitantly, the rest of them abandoned the compartment to pretend they didn't want to stay and listen to the conversation.

"Druig?" Y/n asked, hiding the anxiousness mixed in her tone, but Druig noticed and didn't comment on it.

"Your power tried taking over again," he stated reluctantly. "It was different this time. You tried fighting against Thena." Shock warped through each inch of her body, mouth opened slightly.

"Did I hurt her?" she whispered after remaining silent for a couple of seconds.

"Fortunately, no. I know you fought to gain back control because if your power truly took over, you would've killed Thena." Druig assured. "You're strong, and I know you didn't mean it."

"It's going to happen again, isn't it?" she said, fiddling with Druig's fingers. It had become a habit Druig learned to adore. Dread was intertwined in her voice, and she mentally reprimanded herself for revealing it.

"Darling, you don't have to hide your fears with me," Druig said, using his hand to gently tilt her head upwards and make eye contact. "Each time your power has tried to take you, I have brought you back. I have been doing it for a while, actually."

"When?" she asked, curious. Druig scolded himself for mentioning the part about him doing it recently. He didn't know whether or not Y/n would be mad at the fact that he hid it from her.

Druig sighed, "When you have nightmares, it tries to take over, but I alter those nightmares and let you sleep peacefully. You never remember them, and I'm sorry I never told you about them."

"How often do those happen?" she asked, not a single shred of resentment indicated in her question.

"Quite often," he said honestly. "But, Phastos made something for you."

"The bracelet?" she said.

Druig nodded. "When you're fighting, it only allows you to use the power you are able to control."

"So it's like a limitation device," she mumbled, finding the bracelet less glamorous. Now, she saw it as a sign of weakness, not anything close to magnificence.

"I know you may not like it, but it'll help you, alright?" Druig declared, intertwining their hands to distract Y/n from the bracelet she wore.

"For you, yes." Y/n nodded before embracing Druig in an enormous hug and resting her chin on her shoulder as she sat in his arms.

"So you're not mad at me for hiding the nightmares from you?" he asked, bewildered.

"I mean, I would've appreciated knowing, but you thought it would protect me. You've always done that. Thank you for that, my love." she confirmed, smiling even though she knew he couldn't see it.

"You're welcome, darling." he chuckled in relief. Hiding her dreams and being afraid of what would happen when she found out now seemed ridiculous to him. He forgot one thing about her, and it was how understanding she was.

"Do you promise you'll always be here to bring me back from the nightmares and everything else?" Y/n asked. "I'm scared I'll lose control of it."

"I promise I will always be here to bring you back," he guaranteed. "You're too strong to lose control, and the love you have for everyone will win.

"I promise to love you forever. That way it's fair." she giggled.

He smiled, "I promise to love you forever too."

"But now it's not fair anymore," Y/n mumbled.

"To me, it is." Druig whispered.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

400 AD - GUPTA EMPIRE

People scurried around the more developed structures they had built, celebrating the couple getting married today. Adornments of various colors were displayed, food was prepared, candles were lit, and last but definitely not least, the bride and groom were dressed beautifully. Ajak had never seen Druig smile so much, and she was absolutely overjoyed. In fact, no one had seen him smile that much, except Y/n.

Sersi and Ikaris had already gotten married a year earlier, and they seemed to possess a type of love that would never weaken. Little did they know, the love between Y/n and Druig was even stronger.

Once the priest completed the vows, the couple didn't hesitate to attach their lips together. Grinning, the rest of the Eternals awed at the newly wedded couple's happiness. Some of them even yearned to find the same devotion the couple shared one day, especially Sprite.

Sprite, the youngest looking Eternal, felt an unexpected wave of jealousy, although today was a momentous occasion. Deep down, she knew she could never have the same connection with someone, and the growing enviousness made her bite her inner lip to stop the negative thoughts.

'Today is a day of contentment.' Sprite repeated in her head, maintaining a fake smile. The couple's lips finally separated, smiling uncontrollably as they closed their eyes, leaned their foreheads together, and cherished the moment. Y/n sensed someone's jealousy, though she didn't even want to find out who it was. Determined, she ignored it, not letting it ruin her special day.

"I love you," Y/n whispered.

"I love you too, darling," Druig responded.

At that moment, Druig and Y/n only cared about each other and thought about the future they could have together; sure, it slightly frightened them not knowing what the future held, but they were both willing to face that fear if it meant being next to each other the entire way.

[SORRY FOR ALL ERRORS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!