⇨︎ cнapтer тнree ; jealoυѕy

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

575 BC - BABYLON

Being the annoying and persistent varmints they are, deviants attacked from all over the human civilization, thirsty for nourishment. Thankfully, the Eternals didn't hesitate to defend. Druig remained close to Y/n, worried another fainting accident would transpire despite her continuous reassurances. Unfortunately, according to Ajak, there happened to be no treatment for the side effects she gained.

"Druig, I promise I'll be fine. I will try not to use my ability to consume power anymore." she'd say to soothe his overthinking mind. Makkari swiftly sped everyone out of the way and into the barricades. The many structures the humans constructed were destroyed, but that was the last thing that mattered at the moment.

As Thena butchered one of the many monsters, Kingo shouted, "Hey, that one was mine."

Swishing her hand, Y/n moved a deviant towards Kingo with the air, and a smile dispersed onto his face.

"Nevermind, thanks, Y/n. This is why you are my favorite." Kingo thanked as he blasted the deviant, killing it.

"Kingo, I'm everyone's favorite." Y/n joked, lifting five deviants in the air in concentration and allowing Ikaris to kill them without complications. She put her hands down when the task was done, scoping the place out for other creatures.

Everyone played a part and protected each other; it's what families do.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Whenever she could, Y/n flew around in the sky, relishing the feeling of the breeze brushing against her smooth skin. Ikaris understood that sensation, unlike the others. The two would travel the atmosphere, gazing at the geographical characteristics Earth contained. In Y/n's eyes, it was something she desired to cherish forever. This time, they used flying as a way to avoid the party happening back in the developing civilization. Though, both of them were uninformed of the unidentified enviousness deliberately forming in Druig.

Sersi was one of the things they discussed in their getaways, and Y/n highly encouraged him to divulge his feelings. It was evident the pair had a thing for each other; it didn't take an intellectual to figure that out.

"You and Sersi would look like a great couple, you know?" Y/n encouraged as she hovered in the air. "I know how much you try to focus on the humans, and rightfully so, but you are allowed to live. You are allowed to love. Go tell her how you feel."

"You're being quite a hypocrite." Ikaris chuckled lightly.

"What do you mean?" she questioned, genuinely bewildered. Birds chirped obnoxiously in the distance as if to snicker at her ridiculous question.

"So you don't know yet?" Ikaris smiled. "You and Druig have such powerful feelings for each other and don't even know it yet. It's quite amusing to watch."

"Well, Druig is just a very close friend. I'm sure he doesn't feel that way." Y/n said.

"And now you are denying it," Ikaris remarked. "You are all he talks about."

Y/n stayed quiet before speaking again. "Then maybe he does."

"So will you confess?" Ikaris asked. "I'll confess if you do?"

"Maybe." Y/n smiled.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Humans cheered together as they drank; some danced while others idolized the dancers' movements from afar. Sersi and Y/n were two of those dancers, smiling and giggling as they interacted with the humans. It was no secret they adored Earth more than any of the other team members, and both attempted to be involved in the human traditions as much as possible.

Druig stared at her, watching as her smile made his heart pound uncontrollably. Noticing Ikaris beside Ajak, he gritted his teeth together. Ikaris' eyes were locked on Sersi, but Druig assumed the man was glancing at Y/n.

Red-hued flowers blossomed in Y/n's hand, and she bestowed each of the adolescent kids one to tuck behind their ear. The jealousy composed within Druig lessened slightly, and a smile tugged the corners of his lips.

'I will tell you soon. I promise you that.' he thought to himself, reminiscing all the memories Y/n and him shared together.