⇨︎ cнapтer ѕιх ; conтrol

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

575 BC - BABYLON

Unfortunately, most of the team remained in the structures the humans created, unmindful of what was befalling outside the barricades; favorably, Ikaris was flying around and spotted the signal, instantly setting off to assist.

"Need help?" Ikaris asked, enjoying the breeze circling around him.

"Are you dumb? No, I set off my signal for help in the air because I was bored." Y/n stated sarcastically with a grin as she lifted Thena and herself off the ground, making the deviants launch themselves at the floating Eternals. Its endeavors were inefficient as Y/n maintained herself and Thena out of their grasp.

"I was trying to make a cool entrance," Ikaris mumbled, smiling.

"Well, entrance made. Let's get to business, shall we?" Thena said. "And don't think you've avoided the whole Druig situation."

"Don't make me let them eat you." Y/n retorted, joking as she moved back onto the ground to lure the deviants in one certain direction. Each of them attacked an equal amount of deviants, slowly but surely taking their lives without hesitation. Everyone knew hesitation got you killed; it was common knowledge.

Though, just because they headed into battle with determination like a million times before doesn't mean it would always work out. Shockingly, Ikaris made a mistake with his powers. Underestimating his strength, he connected his fist with a deviant's side, causing its body to fling towards Y/n, who had her back towards it and was using her powers with the earth to defend herself against another deviant.

"Y/n, watch out!" Ikaris and Thena shouted, gaining the girl's attention. Swiftly, she moved out of the deviant's path, avoiding a probable dire circumstance. Distracted, Y/n didn't acknowledge the last deviant charging behind her before another warning left her friend's lips.

Reacting hastily, she scarcely veered out of the way again and unintentionally grazed the deviant's leg, robbing its power and causing its corpse to tumble. Black shimmered in her eyes as a familiar feeling kindled within her: the feeling of losing control. Standing, she convened two jet-black flames in her hands, eyes broad.

"Druig. We need Druig!" Thena said as Ikaris nodded and rushed to fetch him.

"Y/n, come back to us." Thena pleaded, but she received no verbal response. Instead, Y/n propelled the globes of power towards her friend, who was more of a sister to her. Thena evaded her attempts, but the increasing uncertainty in her didn't subside. "Y/n, please! You are like my sister."

Again, no response. Soon, Ikaris arrived with Druig and plopped him down on the ground while Makkari sped each team member over. Druig's eyes were laced with more concern than any of the other immortal beings, noting the fact that the energy in Y/n's hands was expanding deliberately.

"Darling, it's me," he stated, slowly approaching the female eternal. Her head tilted as she observed him, planning. Despite hating to use his power on Y/n, he knew it was the only way to get her back without fighting her in the process. Replacing the black in her eyes, gold flickered in her pupils, and the power accumulated in Y/n's hands diminished until there was none. Noticing the threat had passed, he dashed towards her before her body slumped, catching her in his arms once again.

"It's getting worse," he mumbled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, no shit, and are we going to ignore that he just called her darling? So you two are actually together? I should've known you guys were pranking us." Phastos rambled.

"Yeah, I don't think this is the right time, Phastos," Ikaris whispered.

"Oh, right! Oops." Phastos murmured.

"Surprise?" Druig muttered, shrugging his shoulders as he carried Y/n back inside.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

"I made something!" Phastos said, both enthusiastic and relieved. "Look at it!" Inside his palm sat a golden bracelet with verdant green embellishments, patiently waiting for whatever purpose it was supposed to fulfill.

"A bracelet?" Druig asked, relaxing in a chair with Y/n in his arms.

"How will that help her?" Ajak asked as the other Eternals watched, curious and worried.

"It will limit her powers to however much she can handle, which is still a lot. It will keep her from letting the power take over when she's fighting." Phastos explained.

"What about if she's asleep, like in her dreams?" Druig questioned, suppressing a smile as Y/n gently snored.

"Dreams?" Phastos asked.

"Nevermind that," Druig muttered, not wanting to describe how he managed to alter her dreams. If it ever happened again, he was determined he would be there to stop it. Phastos handed him the bracelet with caution, and Druig wrapped it around his girlfriend's wrist attentively. "She will be okay. Out there with Thena, she could've easily killed her, but she didn't. She was fighting for control."

"She's strong. That's for sure." Sprite muttered. "Now, are we going to talk about how you two are together or what?"

Druig replied flatly, "No."

[SORRY FOR ALL ERRORS!]