⇨︎ cнapтer ғιve ; conғeѕѕ

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

575 BC - BABYLON

In Druig's mind, he had established a promise to himself and to the girl he cared so profoundly for, and that promise was to confess. Inside a freshly woven basket, which Y/n had taught him how to make, he carried an assortment of snacks, slightly overthinking his choices on how to admit his affection.

"What should I say?" he signed to Makkari, triple checking the basket for all of its contents.

"Just don't forget how to breathe, and you'll be fine." Makkari signed in response, grinning enthusiastically. "Now hurry before someone needs her."

"You're pushy, you know?" he signed.

"I don't really care. Now go." Makkari signed before Druig reluctantly set off to find the girl he so desperately sought to be with.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Adorned in an emerald green dress cultivated by Phastos, Y/n wandered down the ocean's waterfront, puzzling over why Druig had requested her to slip on something elegant late at midnight. The stars glistened, making her smile as she dreamed about how entertaining it would be to keep one.

Gratifying music played exquisitely by another invention too advanced to belong to the humans at this point in their gradual development. On a blanket that concealed the sand, a variety of the humans' food laid untouched.

"You're here," Druig murmured, coming up from behind the female eternal before greeting her with a smile. Speaking became foreign to him when he saw how beautifully the woman was dressed; she snatched his breath away. He wouldn't be able to follow Makkari's advice after all.

"Unfortunately." Y/n joked. "What is all this, Druig?"

"I've realized I've kept something hidden for far too long, and it is essentially hopeless for me to hold it back any further," Druig said with formal attire on, planning to fulfill his promise. His hand entwined with hers, rendering the girl's heart to thump as if it would beat out of her chest.

As their hearts thumped in unison, Druig continued, "I have fallen for you, Y/n, and I will never regret it."

Immediate surprise streamed through the woman's veins, utterly swallowing her in a state of bewilderment. His sentence echoed in her brain, and a loving smile snuck its way onto her lips, which somewhat weakened Druig's nervousness.

At that specific moment, everything seemed to dim except them, letting them appreciate each other's presence without disturbances. Before they knew it, their lips gently connected, shifting in synchronized movements as they embraced the intensity of their lips against each other.

Without deliberation, his palm slid around her waist and hers snaked around his neck, strengthening the kiss they secretly both dreamed of having. The sweet flavor of delicacy infiltrated her mouth, and his lips were softer than anything Y/n had ever known, delicate like melting and drifting and being weightless in the water.

Before this, Y/n had a list of favorite things, unable to choose only one; now, there was only one thing she fully knew she yearned for, and that was Druig.

Druig, the one person who made her feel complete and admirable, didn't process what had occurred, but he didn't mind.

All the two knew was that they didn't want that moment to end. They ended that night under the stars with tons of warm blankets on them, naming the constellations that gave the sky life. Each constellation had its own differences, and that was what made them special.

"I love you, darling," Y/n mumbled, feeling her cheeks hurting from smiling so much.

"I love you, my love," Druig responded.

Together, they were complete, like two soulmates who just found one another for the first time after believing they were all alone in their cruel and sometimes delightful world.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

For a while, the couple decided to hide their relationship and pretend the date did not go well because of all the nosy questions the team asked afterward. Besides, Y/n enjoyed pulling small pranks on the team, and they would never admit it, but they enjoyed them too.

Whenever the team asked about the date, Druig and Y/n would say it was a waste of time and that it didn't work out, and that only piqued the team's interest. The couple stayed away from each other as much as possible when in front of the team members, but that didn't stop them from sneaking around and stealing kisses whenever they could.

"Come on, please tell me?" Thena pleaded, following Y/n like she had been for the past thirty minutes. They were outside the barricade, scouring the perimeter for any deviants. The two enjoyed fighting deviants together; it had become a way to unleash their sentiments, and it was a source of entertainment as well. "I don't want to force it out of you."

"The date just didn't go well. He isn't the one for me." Y/n sighed.

"Are you kidding?" Thena urged. "Have you seen the way you look at each other? You two are real idiots. Whenever you're not looking, he looks at you, and whenever he's not looking, you look at him."

"That was before I realized how much I cherished my friendship with him," Y/n lied, sensing something approaching them. "Wait."

"You can't change the subject." Thena scolded.

"It's not about that. Deviants, a whole bundle of them." Y/n informed, feeling the ground rumble. "There's too many for both of us."

"I surely doubt that." Thena chuckled before they were completely surrounded by the approaching creatures, and she summoned her weapon.

"You were saying?" Y/n uttered, sending up a flame into the air so the rest of the Eternals would see it unless they were all inside a building; it was a signal for help. "Ready, Thena?"

"Always." she chuckled.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎
[a/n: sorry for all the errors in this! how do you feel about this story so far? what can be improved?]