the brunette agreed with him, "yeah. we're just gonna have to see - i'm thinking about whether to leave the dogs behind."

her husband's eyes planted themselves on her, daryl clenching his jaw, "up to you. could give rhaegar a rest and put the other one up for the job. she could use it."

"i think we might be fine. besides, if we do decide to take them it'll be a run for quite a few miles." rosaline decided, "if we're gonna do that we should go see maggie straight after we eat before she makes plans."

"sounds good to me." daryl shrugged, a silence falling over them as they continued on with their meal, giving occasional attention to visenya who was writhing around impatiently in her spot, ready to get up for the day.

shortly after their breakfast, rosaline shrugged on a jacket before preparing visenya for the day with maggie. the woman was sure that it was going to be something that her friend wouldn't refuse. they had spent so much time apart that she would want to replenish the bond they held before maggie's journey with the others.

the couple approached a crowd of people, carrying boards of wood towards the breached fencing, maggie sat sharing some rations with hershel chatting to her son between bites with a gentle smile upon her features. out of the corner of her eye, she could see rosaline and daryl approaching the woman giving them a friendly wave.

rosaline offered her a grin, greeting hershel at the same time, "maggie, i know you love us dearly and i hate to be the one to ask but... could you take visenya for the day? daryl and i wanna go for a small run to look for some game to pass out, maybe some more wood to fix the fence."

maggie's expression changed to a much more pleasant one, "you know i can't say no. besides, i was thinking of taking a day off from this with hershel. get ourselves used to this."

"great." daryl began, "we won't take up the whole daylight - should be back before the sun is down."

"thank you." the brown-haired woman dipped her head, "actually, if you'd like you can coop up in our house. it'll be easier and i think hershel would love to spend some time with the dogs. we're not taking them so they're not occupied."

"he's fond of them." maggie confirmed, turning to her son, "aren't you?"

"yeah they're cool!" he exclaimed, jumping up with eagerness to meet with the four-legged animals, "i get to hang out with them all day?"

rosa couldn't help but stifle a laugh, "all day."

"pass her over then." maggie extended her hands, her fingers swaying back and forth as rosaline slid the child over, "i'll take good care of her."

"we know ya will." daryl reassured. he knew that maggie was more than capable of that - hell she had managed to bring hershel this far if anything he was comforted by the fact she had showed up when she did. carol was too piled on with repairs to be minding visenya longer than she already had been.

rosaline and daryl exchanged a few words with the woman before parting ways, the two of them beginning to prepare their things for the trip outside the walls as maggie headed towards their home. daryl would start to make sure everything was alright with the bike before they set off while rosa managed what was left of their weapons and other resources necessary.