Three New Recruits

While the ball of shadow watched from the woods, a figure dressed in a long, elaborate black cloak approached Cozy Glow and Jevil's fortress. Two more figures, one dressed in a red cloak and the other in an orange cloak with black trim, followed along behind.

The figure in the black cloak knocked on the door, and Oliver answered it.

"Mayu," he stated simply. "I'm glad you're here."

The figure in the black cloak removed its hood, and revealed the head of a girl with long, wavy blonde hair that ended in rainbow-colored tips.

"Pleased to see you again, Oliver," she smiled, trying to conceal her rage. Who did this boy think he was, taking the position she was destined to have?!

"It's nice to meet you at last!" another girl said.

"I know," Oliver sighed, barely masking his exasperation. "I've heard very much about you as well."

"Konnichiwa, nya!" the figure in the red cloak greeted Oliver cheerfully, dramatically unclasping the cloak and tossing her salmon-pink ponytail.

"Who the hell are you?" Oliver demanded. "Only Mayu and SeeU were supposed to come here."

"Nya! My name is Nekomura Iroha!" the girl said, curtsying. As she did so, her headband, shaped like cat ears and decorated with a white bow on one side and a small, jeweled pin shaped like a flower on the other, fell off, and she picked it up and put it back on with an awkward smile. "It's nice to be here, nya!"

"Why does she keep saying 'nya'? She can't possibly be so dense she doesn't know that she's not actually a catgirl, right? Her headband just fell off her head, and I know she knew that happened, because she picked it up!" Oliver whispered to Mayu.

"Well...that's a long story, we'll have to explain that in a bit," Mayu responded. "We've got to go see everyone else, right?"

"Right," Oliver replied. He led the three girls to the throne room, where Jevil sat, deep in discussion with Nox and Rin.

"Where's Cozy Glow?" Mayu asked. "She's supposed to be here, right?"

"She's discussing things with Galaco and Ruby," explained Len.

"Len, this is Mayu, SeeU, and Nekomura," Oliver said, pointing to each in turn as he made his way to Len's side, the place where he was most comfortable. He hated being separated from him, even for a moment.

"Nice to meet you," Mayu said, curtsying again. SeeU and Nekomura curtsied along with her.

"Nice to meet you too," Len said. "I think I've heard of you before...you're the one who was behind that draemonslayer's disappearance, right?"

Mayu nodded and fluttered her eyelashes. "That would be me."

"I'm looking forward to our work together, then," Len laughed, shaking her hand. Oliver glared daggers at Mayu, clutching Len's arm to demonstrate that the banana-obsessed boy was already taken.

That night, Mayu, SeeU, and Nekomura got dressed. Mayu put on a stylish black hat, a black dress with the hem patterned to look like piano keys, black stockings, and black gloves and shoes.

SeeU wore an orange top with black buttons, a light grey skirt, black stockings, and matching shoes.

Nekomura wore a red dress with a black stripe at the top, which was decorated with a red bow, and around her waist was a sky-blue belt with a giant black bow and pink ruffles attached to it. In the center of the black bow was a little white charm in the shape of a cartoon cat's head. Black ruffles peeked out from under the dress, and so did white stockings with large white bows attached to them, and she wore white shoes as well.