The Necklace and the Servant

"Galaco!" Kris growled. "That thief!"

"We have to find her and get the necklace!" agreed Ralsei.

Suddenly, a loud, demonic roar resonated throughout the school, and for a moment, the group was worried that Rin was attacking.

"Follow that roar!" Selene exclaimed, running towards it, along with Megami Raito and Luka.

"What if it's Rin?" gasped Luna.

"It's not," Selene replied. "Her roar is deeper, and this roar sounds more like..."

"Oliver's voice," Megami Raito said, finishing Selene's sentence.

The three girls ran faster and faster, with everyone else following behind, and when they came to the courtyard, they saw Rin and Galaco standing above Oliver, who was curled up in a ball on the ground, whimpering.

"Leave him alone, you monsters!" cried Gumi.

Galaco did not respond, but simply tapped the pendant, and red light wrapped around Oliver, causing him to writhe in pain. He put his hands on his head, as if trying to stop a terrible headache, but he lifted into the air with the power of the magic. Oliver opened the eye that was not covered by bandages, and it was pure black, with red irises. He landed back on the ground, still curled up in a ball, but with a pair of tiny black wings sprouting from his back and small horns growing from his head.

"You are now a draemon servant," Rin told him. "You may follow us home, Oliver."

Oliver nodded and smiled with a mouth full of sharp teeth like Rin's and, despite Lucoa reaching out to grab his arm and Gumi running in front of him to try and stop him, he still walked into the portal with Rin and Galaco.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Selene wailed, and Megami Raito flew after Rin, but the evil trio disappeared into the sky as if Oliver had never befriended the adventurers, as if he had been evil and a draemon servant from the very moment he stepped on the school grounds, the very moment he had arrived at the school, and as if he had never thought about anyone or anything but evil.

When Galaco, Rin, and Oliver arrived at the fortress, Flower was there, smirking evilly.

"Hello, Flower," Galaco smiled back. "We've brought the boy Oliver here in draemon servant form."

"I see that," Flower replied coldly, arms crossed.

"Empress Cozy Glow shall be quite pleased," added Berdly as he and Nox joined the small group.

Nox grinned wickedly, and gave Galaco, Rin, and Oliver a kind of military salute. "Hail the Empress!"

"Hail the Empress!" Galaco, Berdly, Rin, and Flower repeated, and Oliver found himself joining in, as if he were part of the evil group all along and knew that everyone in the group hailed Cozy Glow.

"Hail our new draemon," Ruby joined in.

"I'm a draemon too," Rin shot back, jabbing her in the chest with a claw sharp enough to tear out her heart.

"I said NEW draemon, you absolute moron," Ruby snapped, batting Rin's claw away with her hand.

"Let's just all go to the throne room and tell Empress Cozy Glow about this," Berdly sighed, facepalming.

"I get to go in first," Flower replied. "I'm the most important one, since I knew how to cast the spell."

"I'M the one who cast it!" Galaco retorted, her overly-plucked eyebrows furrowing in anger. "I should get the credit."

"Yeah, well, without my draemon powers we couldn't control him!" Rin argued. "I'm the most important one!"

"Sorry!" Flower and Galaco said in unison.

Rin sighed. "Just follow me in, you fools."

"Yes, Rin," Flower and Galaco replied dejectedly, walking slowly behind Rin as she flew into the throne room, smirking evilly as she went.

"Empress Cozy Glow, we have strengthened our powers and collected a draemon servant!" Rin declared, grinning wickedly as she curtsied to Cozy Glow and Jevil while hovering in the air in front of their thrones.

"Well done," Cozy Glow smirked.

"Very well done!" Jevil agreed, cackling a bit. "Excellent!"

"Here's the necklace, too," added Berdly, giving the necklace to Cozy Glow, who giggled evilly and put it on, admiring the blue jewel and its beautiful contrast to the gold amulet she already wore.

"Do you like it?" Chika asked nervously, peeking out from behind Rin.

Cozy Glow rubbed her hooves together in glee. "Like it? I LOVE IT! Imagine all the things we can accomplish with this new magic!"

Suddenly, just after Cozy Glow finished saying, "new magic", a deep voice started to speak from the necklace. Although nobody in the fortress knew so, it was the very voice that delivered all Selene's prophecies.

"You have angered the star spirits," it boomed. "Therefore, we must give you a warning of dark and dangerous times to come..."

"What 'dark and dangerous times', you imbecile?!" Cozy Glow snapped.

"If the embrace of blood captures a star spirit, a monster shall be born from the stars of angel and draemon, and it shall destroy the one created by the efforts of the exiled foal and the chaos monster and fuel the flames of evil with the path of destruction it shall take," the voice announced.

"What does that even mean?!" Ruby, Chika, and Lily tried to shout, but the necklace went silent before they could receive an answer, and Cozy Glow smirked again, then tilted her head up towards the ceiling and let loose a long, evil cackle.

"What's so funny, Empress?" Flower inquired, hands on her hips, but Cozy Glow's laughter drowned out her words, and after she had finished laughing, Cozy Glow grinned the way a tiger or wolf might grin as it pounced on its prey.

"These will be excellent times for us," Cozy Glow answered, and outside, a clap of thunder shook the sky.