Dances and Draemons

"A DANCE?!" Luka, Megami Raito, Gumi, Kris, and Susie all yelled in unison.

Lucoa nodded. "Yes."

"And we HAVE to go to it?" Kris complained.

"Yes," Lucoa repeated.

"Do we have to find a date?" Gumi asked.

"Well, YOU don't have to find one, Gumi, since you're a cat, but everyone else fourteen or older does," Lucoa responded.

"I'm guessing this was Princess Cadence's idea?" snarked Kris.

"It was, actually," Lucoa answered.

"Thought so," Kris sighed.

Susie groaned. "I'll never be able to find someone willing to go with me! Maybe if I offer them that candy I've got in my backpack?"

"Why don't you ask Noelle?" Kris inquired. "She's got a pretty big crush on you."

"Wait, Noelle has a crush on me?" Susie exclaimed surprisedly.

"Congratulations, you're officially the last to know," joked Gumi.

"She wouldn't be a bad choice," Susie blushed. "She's pretty cute."

"Who are you going to go with, Kris?" Luka asked.

"Probably Ralsei," Kris responded. "You?"

"Well, I would go with Megami Raito, but I don't think I'll be out of the Infirmary before the dance," Luka sighed.

"You will! That's the good thing about magic!" Lucoa chirped, carrying the finished potion over to Luka. "You'll be healed by tomorrow."

"Thanks, Lucoa," Luka smiled, taking a sip of the potion. "Say, this potion's actually pretty good! It tastes like green tea."

"It's a special potion I learned in the Dragon Lands," Lucoa said happily. "It completely heals broken bones, but it takes twelve hours to work. That leg will be totally healed at about 9:00 tomorrow morning."

"Woohoo!" Luka cheered. "I can go to the dance!"

"Now, tomorrow's going to be a busy day, what with everyone setting things up for the dance and trying to find dates and whatnot," Lucoa told Gumi, Megami Raito, Kris, and Susie. "So I would suggest that you go to bed, or else Miss Kobayashi might give you detention."

"Who are you, my mom?" Kris replied. Lucoa gave them an unimpressed look.

"I'm going to bed right now," Gumi replied. "I'm a cat, and we cats need our sleep."

"I was planning on practicing swordfighting tomorrow morning, and I don't think doing that when I'm tired would be a good idea, so I guess I will go to bed," Kris admitted. "I just don't want to leave Luka here alone, since she's our friend."

"She'll be taken care of," Lucoa reassured her.

"Okay," said Kris. She went out of the room, Susie and Gumi walking behind.

"Hey, wait for me!" Megami Raito called out, following them out of the room.

"And me!" Selene added, running along beside her.

Once everyone got back to their rooms, they quickly fell asleep, ready for the excitement that would soon come.

The next few days, there was almost no topic of conversation at school that wasn't the dance. Even Lily and her gang seemed to have stopped coming up with evil plots in favor of choosing nail polishes and accessories.

"Kris asked me out!" Ralsei squealed happily the day before the dance as he joined his friends for lunch on the grounds. "Well, they asked me out a few days ago, but I still can't believe it! I thought I was dreaming at first."