Death of a Friend, Return of an Enemy

The next day, Selene was walking on the grounds with Silverstream when she saw a strange black creature that looked a bit like a large, winged snake next to a willow tree. It was struggling, as if it was injured, and she went over to help it, but somehow, as soon as she reached out to it, the creature found a tunnel underneath the tree and went in.

"Do you think we should follow it?" asked Silverstream.

Selene nodded. "If it's hurt, I want to help. Even if I don't know what it is, it's still an injured creature in need of assistance. I want to take it to Mom...even if I can't help, she might know what to do...I wanna help others like how you guys have helped me."

She jumped down the tunnel. Silverstream waited for a minute, debating the pros and cons, since she had no idea what the creature was or what lay ahead of them in the tunnel, but finally, she made up her mind and followed Selene.

When they reached the end of the tunnel, the black creature was nowhere in sight. Selene looked around the room, but couldn't spot it.

"Let's go to the next room," she declared. The tunnel was connected to a great many rooms, and Selene had been there before a few times when exploring the grounds. Silverstream trotted after her, and they searched the next room, but instead of the creature, there was a girl who appeared to be about the same age as Selene.

The girl had long black hair like Selene's. She wore a black dress with a red sash, and had a scar over one of her evil-looking red eyes. A broken chain was attached to her left leg. She had black wings like those of a bat, a long black tail, somewhat like Selene's, and horns that looked like those of a demon.

"Nox..." Selene growled.

The girl threw back her head and laughed. "Why, yes, sister, it is I! I have escaped from my chains to assist Cozy Glow and Jevil in their noble goals! Then, all of your dimensions shall be ours for the taking, and there shall be nothing you pathetic creatures can do to stop us, not if you had a thousand years to try, for all of your kind shall be destroyed when the Chaos Faction rules supreme over both the human and dragon worlds, like we were destined to, but you prevented us from doing it! Now, we may rise up and take our rightful place! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"How did you escape?" Selene asked.

"A friend of yours...I believe her name starts with an L... assisted me in my escape. Now, I may have revenge!" Nox cried.

Silverstream gasped. "Luka helped you escape?!"

"Ah," Nox laughed, pointing to Silverstream. "My sister made another friend. How beloved she is, how adored throughout every land, how wonderful everyone thinks sweet, precious Selene is..."

"You were the favorite child, Nox, you always were admired and you always were praised by everyone..." Selene retorted. "I had one friend! One! You had dozens of girls surrounding you, wanting you to teach them the dark magic you had mastered..."

"Wait, what's going on?" Silverstream questioned. "Dark magic?"

"Selene and I grew up in the Dragon Lands together," Nox explained. "Selene was always adored...almost nobody hated her, and those who did were alienated and shamed."

"They loved you, Nox," Selene shouted. "You were the perfect dragon: strong, clever, independent, and filled with a burning hatred of humans..."

"They feared me..." Nox hissed. "They did not understand my power...they loathed the dark spells I had learned by heart...they only paid attention out of terror..."

"You tried to destroy the entire Harmony Faction!" Selene yelled. "There were children there, innocent children, and you tried to kill them, all because they didn't want to hurt humans! It's no wonder that others started to fear you! Even though the Harmony Faction wasn't well-liked, you still tried to do something absolutely monstrous! The only reason everyone survived was because our mother went to save them!"