The Beginning

It was a pretty normal day for Kanna Kamui. She was sitting at the kitchen table, eating a cookie. Her dragon mom, Tohru, was doing cleaning, and her human mom, Miss Kobayashi, was typing something on the computer.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Kanna opened it and found Oliver and Len, two of her friends, standing on the doorstep.

Oliver and Len were from another dimension that had crossed paths with Kanna's multiple times in the past. It wasn't unusual, but it certainly wasn't a sign that the rest of the day was about to be less weird.

"What's up?" Kanna asked.

"We need to speak to Tohru," Oliver said.

"Yes?" Tohru asked, coming over and standing next to her daughter. "What do you need?"

Len held up a piece of paper. "We were accepted to this school, and they invited Kanna and Saikawa to come along as well!" Saikawa was Kanna's human best friend, and also (possibly) her girlfriend, except they were too young to be dating just yet. But everyone was pretty sure they would in the future.

"Are you sure this isn't some kind of prank?" she asked Oliver.

Oliver shook his head. "No, ma'am. Apparently, it's some sort of school or safe haven for people and beings from all different worlds."

"If it's a school, do we need to go get supplies?" Miss Kobayashi asked.

"The letter said that the school would supply everything," Len explained.

"Are Elma and I allowed?" asked Ilulu, appearing out of nowhere. "If Kobayashi's going, I wanna go too!"

"Well, if you two promise me not to blow up the school or accidentally kill somebody, I'll let you go there," said Tohru.

"And as long as Ilulu stops pouting every time my wife and I kiss," Kobayashi sighed. "I get that you've got a crush on me, but I'm married now...it's getting really awkward. I wish Taketo was allowed to come too...it'd make things a whole lot less complicated."

"Woohoo!" Elma smiled.

Ilulu sighed. "Fine..."

"When do we get to go?" asked Kanna.

"Uh, well, apparently, as soon as you and the others are ready," Oliver told her.

"SAIKAWA!" Kanna yelled, causing everyone in the vicinity to cover their ears, because like regular children, when dragon children yell, it obviously hurts one's ears to listen to. Except dragon children are louder. And more insistent on getting whatever they want by yelling.

Saikawa came running as fast as she could. Too fast. She knocked Fafnir over, who crashed into Elma, who crashed into Ilulu, who knocked over an ornamental vase.

Tohru facepalmed. "Great job, Ilulu."

Ilulu was nearly ready to argue that it was Saikawa who crashed into Fafnir, and how Tohru was being mean because Ilulu liked Kobayashi, but more people appeared.

Soon, the Vocaloids arrived.

"Ready to go?" asked Luka.

"Wait, how are we even going there?" asked Elma.

"The letter said we're going to use dragon magic and teleport a little bit of the way, and then we're meeting up with some other people who are going," explained Tohru. "Apparently we need to grab each other's hands for the magic to work.

Everyone did as they were told, and they teleported instantly to a small house. Oliver knocked on the door and it was opened by a tall person with brown hair that covered their eyes. They wore a green-and-yellow striped sweater, jeans, and black Converse.