Chapter Nine: The Wedding (Part I)

Start from the beginning

Maria found the studs and placed them on the dressing table. She looked at herself in the mirror and softly smiled. Her face was makeup-free. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and just like Charlie, she was in a white bathrobe as well. Maria is preparing for getting ready for her big day. She is willing e take a shower before Charlie does her hair. Her eyes went on the baby's monitor – it was quiet, which means Ezra was still sleeping. Even when she knows Sandra is with him, she feels like checking on him one last time before she takes the shower.

"Are you sticking with the natural look?" Charlie asked as she looks into Maria's makeup bag.

Maria turns to look at Charlie and nods her head, "Yes, I don't want to cake my face with products. I will go with a natural look," She replied.

Charlie smiled, "That's a good choice. How about you take the shower now?" She asked. "I talked to Elizabeth. She will be here in an hour – she is at the venue, checking if anything needs her attention," She informed Maria.

Maria smiled, "I am so proud of her. I swear I made the best decision to let her take over the wedding plans. She has done such an amazing job. I didn't think there will no screw-ups in the end, but just look how well she organized everything." Maria complimented Elizabeth's efforts.

Charlie nodded in agreement, "I agree. Also, everyone is so intimidated by her. No one dared to screw up – in fact, they delivered before the deadline." Charlie chuckled.

Maria laughed. Charlie is right. Elizabeth was acting like a bridezilla, it only made Maria wonder how she will be when it is her wedding. Leo and Elizabeth will be moving in once she gets to Chicago, and it only makes Maria hope for them to decide to marry. Or even if they don't – she doesn't want them to break off their relationship ever – they are perfect for each other and their love is too pure.

Maria didn't believe that it would be easy for Leo to make Elizabeth fall for him again, but even with no initial memories of their relationship – Elizabeth truly loves her brother. Leo is just that great. Maria knows that he can be intimidating and can be a jerk to some people, especially Silas – but deep down Leo is a soft loving person. Maria hasn't seen that Leo since their mother passed away, but since Elizabeth came into his life – he has become much less daunting. She is a good influence on him – Maria only wishes the best for them, and maybe someday see them have a family of their own.

Leo and Elizabeth, aren't the most traditional people. Leo isn't so keen on marriage for once – especially after what he saw her sister go through. While Elizabeth, Maria doesn't know she likes – she never expressed her will to get married nor did she ever deny it. Maybe, only time will time what it holds for the two of them.

"Okay, I will go and check on Ezra before I jump into the shower," Mari mumbled and reached out for her crutches when Charlie stopped her.

"Wait, isn't Sandra looking after him?" She asked.

Maria nods her head, "Yes, she is but I thought maybe I should just check on them one last time before I start to get ready. I also have to make sure Sandra finds his blue bow. Silas bought it for him and wants him to wear it at the wedding," Maria chuckled. Charlie couldn't help but notice the way Maria's eyes glint when she talks about her son.

Charlie smiled, "How about I check on them while you go and take shower?" She asked. She could see a bit of resistance on Maria's face so she continued, "Or I could ask Sandra to bring him to you while you go and take shower? He can stay here while you are getting ready." She added suggestively.

A small smile appeared on Maria's face, she liked the idea of having Ezra around her while she gets ready. "I like that idea," She replied.

Ezra's presence made her realize that she didn't have to birth him to be his mother. She could hardly do anything with thinking about her son. She wants to stay around him all the time and if anyone thinks that she is a bit over the top, they should see Silas with Ezra. He has taken him to work because he was missing him too much even before he left for work. He has a box of toys for Ezra in his office, his study, and even in his car. When Silas is home, he always has him in his arms or on his lap. And Ezra loves his dad as well, he only sleeps over Silas's chest. The way Ezra giggles when he sees Silas after he returns from work could melt a stone heart. Maria wants to feel jealous, but she doesn't – she loves the sight of her Silas and her baby Ezra bonding. Their relationship always makes her eyes misty.

"Alright then, you go hit the shower and I will go and get Sandra and Ezra. I also have to check on Ella and Kathie – they are with Marcus and they must be driving him nuts." She chuckled as she left the room.

Ella and Kathie need constant attention, Kathie likes to get in everything she finds interesting or not, and Ella is too young to be mischievous but does cry a lot. Like Ezra is very close to Silas, Ella is close to Marcus. She often wakes up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep until Marcus holds him in his arm and walk around. Maybe she got so attached to Marcus because lately, he doesn't let Charlie stress over Ella waking up after every hour. He handles it for her even when he has worked the next morning. He only wakes Charlie up when he believes Ella needs to be fed.

Maria was getting ready at Marcus and Charlie's place since Silas was at his penthouse. Charlie came downstairs to witness what she found funny and cute. Marcus sat on the couch with his laptop on the table. Ella was sleeping over him while Kathie stood behind him and was trying to tie Marcus's short hair into a ponytail. "Dada, your hair is too short," Kathie complained. Marcus chuckled, "Dada is sorry about that, sweetie." He replied but his eyes never left the laptop, he was busy.

Charlie would have taken Kathie with her but she will get into Maria's things and there was no time for screw-ups today. If she will take Ella with her, Kathie will cry and will want to join them, therefore, Marcus had to after them. She felt bad for leaving them on him, he already has so much to do.

He must have heard walk down. He looked around and smiled, "Oh hey, how is it going up there?" He asked – putting the pen he had in his hand down.

Charlie smiled, "Maria is taking a shower and after that, we will start getting ready," She answered.

"Mama, can I make a pony in your hair. Dada's hair is not enough," She asked. Charlie walked to Kathie and placed a kiss on her cheek, "Baby, mama is busy today. How about we do this tomorrow? Today is Uncle Silas and Aunty Maria's wedding – aren't you excited? You are the flower girl!" Charlie clapped her hands excitedly.

Kathie giggled and started to jump in the confined space behind Marcus, "Yes, I can't wait to throw flowers on the floor. I want to wear my dress, Mama. Can I wear it now?" She asked – completely forgetting about Marcus's hair.

"In a while, first you need to eat your breakfast, then you will bathe and then you will wear the dress," Charlie explained. Kathie enthusiastically nodded before she jumped off the couch and ran away.

Marcus chuckled, "Don't worry about breakfast and her bathing – I will help with it. You go and help Maria. You too have to get ready," He said.

"What about you? Don't you have to get ready?" She asked him.

He snorted, "Love, all I will have to do is take a shower and put on my suit. I am sure, Silas must be sleeping right now. Don't worry about me, I will look after the kids while you and Maria get ready. And anyway, Franklin will be here in a while – we both will keep the kids busy, just take your time, okay?" He asked.

Charlie smiled and sat on the hand rest of the couch. She wrapped her arm around his shoulder and kissed him on the cheek, "Urgh, you are the best. I love you so much!" She replied – earning a chuckle from him.

He kissed her back on her cheek, "I love you too, baby." He mumbled against her skin. "You look divine in this bathrobe, but kids are around and you don't have time for me later today," He jokingly pouted.

Charlie laughed, "I will make it up to you later," She mumbled back to him before she pinched his cheeks together and placed a hard kiss on his lips. He smiled against her lips before softly glazing her lower lip with his tongue, he knows how much she likes it. Lately, they haven't been very physical – but Marcus wants to change that and he believes that she feels the same. Charlie let out a very gentle moan against his lips and angled her face to capture his full lips when Ella woke up and decided to whine. Marcus groaned and Charlie laughed as they parted and looked down at their daughter, "Yeah, we shouldn't do that around you or Kathie," Marcus mumbled as he kissed Ella's head, who stopped whining immediately – such a dada's girl she is. 

.......

You can read chapters ten to thirteen on Radish in advance!