Ch-16 Mesmerizing smile

Agastya

Yesterday we were few seconds away from our punishment. I mean the way professor Shukla shouted at us was more like a nightmare. No one have seen him this angry. If he was a cartoon character then his would have become red like fire.

Today I am doing net practicing since morning and it's evening already, we all are really tired now. And our coach is not ready to show any kind mercy to us. Honestly I don't blame him after all there is going to be a another match with a college this Sunday in our college only.

"Boys line up." Coach shouted while clapping to grab our attention. All of us stood up in a straight line while facing him and our hands at our back. Neil was standing beside the coach. "As you all know Jay has to another city and we needed a new vice captain for his replacement." He started. Is he going to announce name of the vice captain? I crossed my fingers of both the hands and was looking down at my sports shoes while praying to god.

"Neil and I both have decided that Agastya will be the new vice captain of the team." As he said that my team mates clap for me and I look up at his direction. I still can't believe my ears. Did he just said that I am new vice captain? Oh my God is this really happening or am I daydreaming? No it's look like real. Coach and Neil move towards me, "Congratulations Agastya" Coach said and shook his hand with mine. "Thank you coach." I smiled and took a long breath. I didn't realize I was holding it. It's not my dream, it's really happening. I may look calm and normal from outside but from inside I am jumping and dancing in happiness.

Neil shook his hand with a smile "Congrats Agastya" "Thank you" I replied with the same smile. ' Just in two days Neil will recommend you as vice captain to your couch, that's my promise and I don't make fake promises you can ask anyone.' I remember Sara's words.

She really did it. Not bad. After taking everyone's wishes, coach declared end of the day. I run towards dressing room, hurriedly move to my cricket kit and took out my phone. I dial her number and waited for her pick the call. After few rings she pick up. "Hello?" She asked. "Hi where are you?" I asked impatiently.

"Just got free from my practice and now going home. Why?" Sara asked. "Don't go anywhere. I am coming to you in 10 minutes, just wait for me. I have something very important to tell you." I said and I know she can sense my excitement by my voice. "Ok I am waiting." By saying that we disconnect the call. I took a quick shower and change into jeans, grey hoodie and on it a denim jacket.

I run towards where she must be waiting for me with a huge smile on my face

I run towards where she must be waiting for me with a huge smile on my face. I have to accept she did it in just two days which was not able to do from last one month. I am very grateful to her and I am very happy. "Sara" I call her, when I spotted her, nobody was there except both of us. She look in my direction.

She was walking to me and I run towards her. I pulled her in embrace with a huge grin. I am so happy I know I am saying nth time now but what can I do I really happy. "I can't breathe, you idiot" I come back to reality when the person whom I am hugging very tightly shouted in my embrace. I noticed that my hands snake around her back and her face is buried in my shoulder.

"Leave me before I kick your balls." Sara shouted again and I leave her immediately. "Have you lost your mind?" She asked while catching her breaths. "Sorry... Actually I was very excited and happy." I apologize while running my hands in my messy hair.

"Why?" She asked. "I become the vice captain today." I said with a silly smile. "Really? My plan worked? Wow congrats." She said but this time with a smile. The same dimple smile which a witnessed yesterday two times. I realized, her cheeks gets chubby when she smile and lips moves upward. Her blue coloured eyes which are very rare looks more mesmerizing when she smile. Did she aware that own such a mesmerizing and beautiful smile? I doubt, because if she do then why she always carry a straight face? But I think it's good, she carry that straight face otherwise everyone will get to know about her killer smile.

"Agastya?" Sara snapped her fingers in front of my face when I was gawking at her. "Huh?" This is what I could come up. Was I staring at her? Oh no! Did she noticed me staring at her? "Close your mouth otherwise fly will enter into your mouth." She said and then I realized that I was staring at her with open mouth like an idiot. God this is so embarrassing and wait why the hell was I staring at her? Why do I care about her straight face?

Maybe I am thinking too much because of my happiness. I have to stop thinking now. "Impressive. This is what you want to say right now to me, right? But your ego was not allowing you to do that I know. I can understand, it's ok. You don't have to say that aloud." She said with a proud face.

"Just stop bragging about yourself now and tell me what you did or said to Neil?" I asked with a frown. She is right, I will never gonna to tell her that what she did was quite impressive, otherwise her ego will boast at very high rate and I can't handle that. "You want to know about it?" She asked and I nodded.

"You really want to know about it?" She asked again. "Yes Sara I want to." I said. "Like really really want to?" This time she asked with a amusement on her face and I know she is teasing me. "Fine don't tell, I am going." By saying I act to leave from there but she stopped me while grabbing my hand. "Ok ok fine. I am telling you." She said and I waited for her to speak. "Like really really really... " This time she doesn't complete her sentence and burst out laughing. I also join her instead of irritating at her childish behavior. Wait, did I call Sara childish? Ok Agastya stop your horses before she caught you again staring or should I say gawking at her.

We stopped laughing after a minute, I guess. "So in morning when I was leaving... " And this time she decided to tell me about her morning conversation with Neil. After that she again brag a little about herself and every time I rolled my eyes at her.

****

Next day

Sara and I are working on our English assignment in an empty and free class from last one hour. I am so tired now and hungry too. I think I have some cookies in my bag. I pushed my hand inside my bag and smiled when I found the cookie package. I opened it and placed in front Sara. She looked at me and shook her head in no.

"I have not added anything in it. You can have it. Look I am eating too, it's safe." I said while eating a cookie. "No I don't eat cookies." She said while focusing down at her books. "You don't eat cookies!? Why? You don't like them?" I asked with a frown. Duh! Everyone I know eat cookies. Even my maternal grandma also love cookies, she barely have teeths now but still she manage to eat them.

"No specific reason" She said still looking down at her books. "But they are from Cookie Monster and they make the best cookies, especially chocolate chip, you know right?." I said while eating my chocolate chip cookies. This time she look up and I am feeling like something is wrong. Her face looks like she lost her all colours. What happened suddenly? "Sara are you ok? Your face look pale?" I asked worriedly.

"I am going home." She said while standing up from her seat and her voice cracked in between. "Ok I'll drop you home." I said. "No I can go by myself." She tried to argue. "No I can't let you go alone. You don't look fine and I am taking to you home that's final. I don't need any argument in this Sara." I announced and started pushing all my stuff in my bag. She nodded "Ok but first I need to use washroom." She said but with very low voice.

"Ok I am waiting here only." I said and she left for washroom. But I am still wondering what happened to her suddenly? She was perfectly fine few minutes ago.

Preview:- Don't forget to miss me.

Did you like Sara and Agastya moment? And what do you think, what happened to Sara suddenly?