Chapter 44: Time constraining.

Začať od začiatku

"I shall try my best, guild-leader," Warlic replied. All three watched Killer leave the library.
"There are three locations in this Library that you will explore, and one of a future of your world," Warlic stated. "I want you to look around and see the many different worlds that are similar to your own. Find the doors leading to worlds I call Adventure Quest, Dragon Fable, and Mech Quest, after looking into them, I want you to find the door leading into the future if you do not fulfill your destiny. I do not want you to engage in combat with anyone there. You should return to me after it is done,"
"Shouldn't be that hard," Hiro replied. "How will I know which one is the right door for my future?"
"It should have symbols of great power you recognize of this world, such as the famous ax that your paladin friend Artix carries or the crown of your current Ruler of Swordhaven," Warlic replied. "Crimson Knight, please accompany Hiro,"
"Fine," The knight replied.

Hiro and the knight walked through the many halls of the Library until they came to a door that had a statue of a golden angel outside of it. Hiro gulped as he opened the door and then walked in. He was transported to a rocky area. There was a massive stone structure in the center. It had some sort of spinning runes that could have been interrupted as a clock.
"This must be Adventure Quest," Hiro mused. "I have this sense of familiarity from seeing this, almost like I have lived and breathed in this location before. It almost makes me nostalgic,"
"Warlic told me these would seem familiar to you in more ways than one," The knight replied. "The span is full of monsters from the periods you are about to witness,"
"So I should get a good look at all the monsters here just in case I need to fight one?" Hiro inquired.
"You shouldn't need to worry about it," The knight said. "If your soul was reincarnated, it should have core memories that come along with fighting these monsters,"
"Then let's continue," Hiro said. He walked through a stone archway that led back to the library.

He continued his walk through the halls until he came to a metal door with a mysterious mirror hanging on the wall outside of it. The door slid open as he approached and he walked through it and was transported to a steampunk-western location.
"This must be Mech quest," Hiro mused. "Again, I can't shake the feeling of standing here before,"
"Your mind must have core memories buried deep in your mind trying to claw its way out," The knight replied. "The longer you stay here the more they might unlock something, but we don't have time for your nostalgia trip,"
"I know, I know," Hiro said. He took a good look at the sky and the area. "This place just seems...so rich with knowledge,"
"Enough with the basking," The knight replied. He grabbed Hiro by the back of the collar and then threw him through the portal leading back to the library.

Hiro continued his walk until he came to a door with a false Moglin standing outside of it. The false Moglin was in plated armor and held a spear. Hiro open the door and then walked through it. He appeared on a small plateau that showed a very beautiful lake.
Hiro fell to the ground almost instantly as he held his head. He looked through blurry eyes then slowly stood up. He shook his head and blinked to clear his vision.
"All this nostalgia getting to you?" The knight asked.
"This is Dragon Fable," Hiro muttered. "Or is it?" Hiro closed his eyes. "This was somewhere my father stood. I have stood here once before as well, but I cannot remember when I did," Hiro looked around. "I remember standing here with Krauss when we were children. We had gone on many adventures when we were younger," Hiro closed his eyes again. "Why do I remember seeing this through my father's eyes?"
The knight stood in silence as he stared at Hiro.
"I'm not crazy!" Hiro exclaimed. "My father told me of his exploits! He described all of it in great detail!" Hiro looked out into the water. "But this is where he once stood. This is from his time as an adventurer. It is not when I was a child,"
"We're wasting daylight," The knight replied. "We have one more door then we can report back to Warlic,"
"I know," Hiro stated. "I just...don't understand this,"
"That's why you are learning, Hiro," The knight said. "I won't hold your hand through this, but I will help any way I can to make it easier to understand,"
"Then lead on, master knight," Hiro said. He followed the knight through the portal.