Chapter 43: A ravine drenched in blood.

It was May 29th, at roughly 9:30 AM. Jane was sitting in the seating area sitting across from Jena who was scribbling down things in her little notebook.
"So, it is possible for me to find a way to harness some sort of arcane energy for some sort of power source?" Jena asked.
"It's not the easiest thing to find, but I know that the river near castle back at home has more arcane properties than most other water sources in the forest," Jane replied. "I'd say experiment with some of Angler's plants at home and see what comes of it. I'd love to go and visit that lake again, honestly. How about the two of us do that when we get home?"
"I wouldn't mind it," Jena stated. "We could bring Hina along as well. She seems a bit antsy lately, and it could be something the three of us can do,"
"And at the very least we could help you figure things out since you're not magically adept like your brother," Jane replied. "No offense,"
"He can keep his magic," Jena replied. "I'm an inventor, not a battle-hardened warrior,"
"I can still teach you a few basic spells, Jena," Jane replied. "Killer caught on them easily enough,"
"If they don't help me with my creations, then I'm not interested," Jena replied as she put her notebook away. "I appreciate the offer though,"
"I know you probably think you're lesser than the ones that can use magic, but honestly we're the weirdos," Jane started. "Out of everyone in the guild, Killer and I are the only ones that can be considered mages of any kind,"
"Doesn't Waky Pants count?" Jena asked.
"Not really. She has different kinds of magical abilities, but she isn't trained in spells of the ten elements," Jane replied. "She needs to know at least two basic spells from the ten elements to be considered a mage,"
"I'd like to avoid the complexity of that, thank you," Jena replied. She stood up and started to stretch her back. "It's weird. Everyone must still be asleep,"

Killer walked into Yulgar's through the front door. He had a huge sack on his back. "Is everyone awake?"
"Where did you go?" Jena asked.
"I dropped by at home for a few. I wanted to bring up the idea of a feast when we got back, and he knew exactly what to make. I also brought everyone some food from home," Killer replied. "Angela also made some cookies she wanted to share with everyone,"
"Please don't tell me what I thought I heard," Kloud said from upstairs. He was resting on the handrail leading downstairs.
"Why?" Killer asked. "I didn't think anything was wrong with them,"
"Angela's not the best when it comes to baking," Kloud replied as he made his way downstairs. "Not to mention that Bobby Joe J doesn't exactly enjoy having her cook in his kitchen,"
"She said he helped this time," Killer said. "They're shaped like little birds,"
"I sure hope she worked out those kinks, then," Kloud said.
"Is everyone else awake?" Jena asked.
"They should be. I needed air because Draklore let a loud one rip in the room and I couldn't stand the smell," Kloud said.
"Nasty," Jena and Jane replied in unison.
"Are you sure it wasn't Psycho?" Killer asked. "His tends to linger a lot longer,"
"It came from Draklore," Kloud replied. "I'm not sure about the girls, though,"
"What about them?" Jane asked.
"How long have you guys been up?" Kloud replied.
"About an hour," Jena replied. "I needed some information that Jane could give, and I didn't want to bother Hina about it,"
"Sounds fair," Killer replied as he put the sack down. "Bobby Joe J made an extra for Hiro since he's a temporary member. He'll treat him like family even though they've never met,"
"Maybe someday he will," Jane replied.
"When Lore doesn't need a hero anymore, I'm guessing," Kloud replied. "I wouldn't mind him being an official member,"
"This Dimension needs him. And I feel like taking him away would cause this dimension to become unstable," Killer replied. "Maybe in the future, I can implore his help with something,"

"Good morning, heroes!" Warlic declared as he walked into Yulgar's. He saw the four standing in the seating area. "Is anyone else up?"
"I can go grab them?" Killer suggested.
"What's the smell?" Warlic added.
"Not for you!" Kloud replied defensively.
Jane hit Kloud upside the head. "Be nice to Warlic!" She said. "He can turn you into something unsavory,"
"I won't, but thanks?" Warlic replied. He turned to Killer. "If you could fetch everyone else, I would appreciate it,"
"Then I will be right back," Killer started to head upstairs but stopped before the first step. "Make sure no one opens that!"
"I'll guard it with all I can," Kloud said. He slowly turned his head toward Warlic. "I may be a mortal man, but touch this and you will be a few fingers short,"
"Why are you threatening Warlic all of a sudden?" Jane asked.
"He's always like this when he doesn't eat breakfast," Jena replied. "And he can smell some of those eggs from home," Jena walked over to the sack. "I wonder what they are,"