Chapter 38: The Pala-dead! (Part 2.)

Chapter 38: The Pala-dead! (Part 2)

It was May 24th, at what could be considered 8:36 PM. Everyone was at a rather large and abandoned temple that has seen much better days. Both Killer and Jacob took in the scenery.
"This surely is an ancient Paladin temple alright," Killer started.
"How can you tell?" Hiro asked.
"I have the ability to sense Paladin energy because I am one," Killer replied, "I also taught Jacob how to sense it as well so he could easily locate me if need be,"
"Lightguard Keep has more Paladin energy since it has had more Paladin's there much more recently," Jacob added, "But if I'm not mistaken, there is a Paladin still here for some reason,"
"Are you sure?" Hiro exclaimed, "I don't think anyone should be here at all," Hiro gestured to the sad-looking temple, "This can't accommodate anything! If anyone is here they're probably dead since Noxus and Sally have been here within the last month at the very least!"
"You blabber too much," Butter Cup said as she marched into the temple with everyone following her.

Once inside the temple, there was a stone paladin standing next to a hole in the ground with a rope leading downward. Jacob walked over to the Paladin and examined him. "There is still a little bit of Paladin energy here,"
"So are you saying he's alive?" Hiro questioned.
"Barely, but yes," Jacob moved to the other side of the Paladin, "He should be able to communicate somehow, but I don't know what that way is,"
"Well, we have the knowledge we need, we just need to make our way to the bottom of the temple," Killer started, "Shouldn't be that hard,"
"Before you leave," A voice echoed through the area, almost as if it was in the mind of everyone.
"Did anyone else hear that?" Hiro questioned nervously.
"Do not be alarmed, heroes, I am not an enemy," The voice continued. "If you are here to assist this temple, I will warn you of the evils within. At the very bottom, there are two Dracoliches and a mysterious Lich master somewhere down there. I will hope you find what you are looking for, and use what you are going to learn for less nefarious deeds unlike that Lich and his aide that showed up here a couple of weeks ago,"
"We will be careful, thank you for the heads up," Killer turned to Kloud then gestured to the hole.
Kloud sighed then jumped into the hole, he looked around then dusted himself off, "There's enough room for all of us down here, though it will be a bit dark as it goes on. I can tell that the hole just keeps going on and on, and the light just keeps getting dimmer and dimmer,"
"Awesome," Killer kicked Hiro down the hole then jumped down himself with everyone else following behind him.

It was a long and grueling escapade through what felt like forever but was actually closer to about twenty floors of the temple. Hiro and Kloud were the only ones winded from the escapade.
"I wouldn't be surprised if you two actually weren't in hero condition," Ken said.
"Sorry for not having godly leg muscle!" Kloud spat at Ken. "I've been training as best as I could to catch up with everyone! Even my sweet dear sister!" Killer burst out laughing. "What?!"
"Sorry, but you won't even catch up to her, and I know she's theoretically the weakest in the guild," Killer laughed.
"That's a little harsh, isn't it?" Hiro panted.
"It's true though," Kloud said as he stood up straight. He started to stretch. "Angela is stronger than me, but I am more tactically skilled," Killer and Jena laughed loudly in unison. Kloud slumped his shoulder's in defeat.
"We better hurry up and down there and figure out what's going on," Killer wheezed. He jumped down the final hole, with everyone else following shortly behind him.

They all found themselves at the bottom of the temple, with a giant skeletal dragon guarding a small doorway, with a light coming from it.
"Kloud, Jacob, I want you two to distract the dragon while the rest of us go on ahead, catch up when you're done, understood?" Killer stepped away.
"As long as Kloud can get me a weapon, I should be fine," Jacob replied.
"Fine," Kloud drew his sword as he tossed his throwing knife to Jacob who caught it easily. "I just hope you can stay out of my heavy hits,"
"I'll be fine, Kloud," Jacob smirked, "I'm pretty sure you don't hit even remotely as hard as Master K,"
"Ouch, my feelings," Kloud replied in a monotone voice.
Kloud and Jacob quickly ran at the Dracolich, causing it to move away from the door as everyone made a mad dash for the door.