Chapter 43: A ravine drenched in blood (part 3).

The fortress was in disarray. There were Orcs and Trolls fighting members of both the skeletal army of Gravelyn and the soldier forces of Alteon.
"What the hell is going on here!!" Draklore shouted.
"Ah crap," Hiro started. "We need to speak with the Elders, and fast,"
"Where did Zesa go?" Jacob questioned.
"She refuses to choose a side in this conflict. She has to stay neutral to both sides. She went back to her cave," Killer replied. "Right now, we need to know what the heck is going on,"
"Sokrakiis! Kagg!" Draklore shouted. "I wish to have an audience with you!"
Both Sokrakiis and a well-built and elder Orc appeared from the path leading up to the Fortress.
"Black-and-red," The Orc said. "Why have you summoned us?"
"What the hell is going on?" Draklore started. "We left for a few minutes and this place is a battleground!"
"The alliance has done nothing to respect our cultures!" Sokrakiis started. "They have removed our rights to be with our people and share in our culture!"
"They have taken what is ours and refuse to give back anything!" The Orc said. "I refuse to let our lives be stepping stones for the Trolls or the Representatives of peace when all they have done is bring their war to us!"
Killer stepped forward. "Where's the rest of my guild," Killer inquired in an irritated tone.
"Why should I-" The Orc started.
"Where is my family!!" Killer replied. "If a single member of my guild has been harmed while helping you... you... children! I will never forgive either of your people for harming the one thing I have left when both of you boast about how important your families are!"
"He is pissed!" Jacob muttered to Hiro.
"I can't stand the fact that you two are so alike yet so different!" Killer continued. "You have half-breeds between both people yet you put down the other in their presence! Do you even know how hard that must be on them? Do you know how difficult it must feel being around people who have rejected a part of them just because they are so different in their own cultures?!"
"Red-eye-" The Orc started.
"Kagg! Don't even start with me!" Killer replied. "I am from a proud and vengeful people! My people have seen battles that only yours will ever dream about! I'm here to stop a civil war breaking out between two people that aren't so different,"
"Killer," Draklore started.
Killer whipped around and glared at Draklore, who knew instantly not to peruse whatever he had previously planned on saying. Killer turned back to the elders. "My guild may seem like a bunch of outsiders that have no right to be here, and all of them are so vastly different that it's a wonder that they work so well together," Killer started. "But I don't care about where they're from, how they were raised, or even what they look like. Because that doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are my family, and I swore to protect them, and if I, the leader of this rag-tag group of lunatics, can't hold up to that promise, then what makes me so different from you two?"
Both the elders were quiet for a moment. They looked at each other then back at Killer.
"We will play along with your plan, for now, Red-eye, but after the alliance is pushed back, it will not stop us from destroying each other," Sokrakiis started. He turned to the Orc. "Kagg, I know it will wound your Orc pride, but will you accompany me as a shield-brother for this one battle?"
Kagg smirked. "Pushing a threat from our home of Bloodtusk is more important than dealing with the threat from across the ravine," He extended his hand to Sokrakiis. "I shall be your shield-brother while the alliance is a threat in our home,"
Sokrakiis took Kagg's arm. "I shall be your protector when the going gets tough,"
"Now that's out of the way," Killer sighed. "My guild said they would be here to help if anything got out of hand," He turned to Draklore. "I don't care what you have to do or who you have to take down. I want all three of you two head into that fortress and find everyone for me, I will be here helping prepare for the impending war with the alliance,"
"Any conditions?" Jacob asked.
"Don't kill anyone. They may be our enemy now, but we are still working with the alliance," Killer said. "If I see someone here die, then I will be extremely upset,"
"What if they are chaos-infused?" Hiro inquired.
"Hina will deal with it, I guess," Killer replied. "Tie them up and bring them back here, I don't care! Just don't kill anyone!"
"Shouldn't be that hard, right?" Jacob said.
"Jena killed a Troll with a single punch," Hiro replied. "I find this mission nearly impossible with you freaks,"
"Coming from you, that's rich," Draklore said.
"First one to 40 wins!" Jacob shouted as he ran up the path.
"Wins what?!" Hiro exclaimed.
"We'll see!" Jacob replied excitedly.
"Better not keep him waiting," Draklore said hiking up the hill with Hiro behind him.