Chapter 13: Doppelganger death match.

It was March 1st, about 12:45 PM, Killer and Maria were walking through the east part of the forest, Maria was quiet during the walk.

"Hey, Killer?" Maria started.

"Hm?" Killer asked looking at Maria.

"Do, Mocks have an evil counterpart?" Maria asked.

"What do you mean by evil counterpart?" Killer asked.

"Like, a part of them that is pure evil." Maria said.

"Well, Mocks have an arch enemy that works like an evil counterpart of them." Killer said.

"Are they as common as Mocks?" Maria asked.

"Well, sometimes. They could very well be someone really close to you, I wouldn't trust anyone if there was a mysterious death." Killer replied.

"Has there?" Maria asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. Psycho didn't bring me the mail today so I don't know." Killer replied.

Maria looked down.

"Something bothering you?" Killer asked.

"It's nothing." Maria said.

"You had a vision, didn't you." Killer said.

Maria sighed then looked at Killer. "Would you hurt me?" She asked.

"What?! No! Why would I?!" Killer asked in shock.

"That's why I asked about the evil counterpart, I did have a vision..." Maria said.

"Well, I can understand why. A few years back I did have a mysterious bounty on my head and the RavenCrest towns folk has said I did something I never did." Killer said, he turned to Maria. "If it'll make you feel better, you can keep your distance from me."

"That's not it. I can see multiple outcomes to the future, and you've always somehow changed it, but this time, I can only see one outcome and no further than it." Maria said.

"Sounds spooky." Killer said.

"It may be..." Maria said quietly.

"Think you can try to find out about any murders lately? You do have the ability to see anywhere in a vision. Right?" Killer asked.

"I can try." Maria said.

"Want me to let you do your thing? We can stop and sit for awhile if you need." Killer said.

"I'd appreciate that." Maria said.

Killer and Maria went and sat under a nearby tree, Killer laid against it and Maria just sat under it with her legs crossed.

Killer let out a relaxed sigh as he slowly melted against the tree and slid to his back, he laid there with his eyes closed.

"...Killer?" Maria started.

"Hm?" Killer replied.

"I haven't seen anything." Maria said.

"Well, are you checking for today or the last month?" Killer asked.

"I've seen everywhere between now and a year ago, there hasn't been a mysterious murder at all." Maria replied.

Killer sat up. "Don't trust anyone today, alright? Not even me." Killer said.

"What about you?" Maria asked.

"I'm a Mock, I'll take whatever beating I get." Killer said standing up. "You stay here, and if I come out acting weirdly, run."