Chapter 44: Time constraining.

It was May 30th. At an unknown time. Hiro's eyes shot open as he stood at the entrance of what looked like a futuristic setting. He stood in what looked like a back alley, and in the distance was a sacked city. Monsters were running amok and destroyed buildings filled his line of sight.
Hiro took a few steps forward before he noticed Warlic standing near the back of what could be a destroyed vehicle of some sort.
"Warlic!" Hiro exclaimed happily running up to Warlic. He stopped as if something was off about the Warlic standing in front of him. "You're not Warlic, are you,"
Warlic bowed his head slightly. "You are keen in your sight, Hiro," He replied. "I am a Golem, made by my master Iadoa. I am meant to be a familiar face to help ease you into what you're about to learn,"
"About to learn?" Hiro inquired. "I hope there's enough time to study for the test,"
"I cannot help you here yet, Hiro. You must find the Library of Time. There, you will meet another Warlic," Warlic replied. "Though he and I are one of the same, we are very different. I may appear more Mature, but he is the one identical to the Warlic you know from BattleOn,"
Hiro stood in silence. "I'm not sure I understand?" He questioned. "But I'll do what I can, I guess?"
"You must hurry, Hiro. You may not know it yet, but this location is under the influence of Drakath. Time is of the essence," Warlic replied.
"Where can I find the Library of time?" Hiro asked. "I don't recognize this location, though it seems vaguely familiar,"
"Just head West until you see a building with a book hanging on the front of it," Warlic replied. "You shouldn't be able to miss it after that," Warlic replied. "Worry not about your friends from another realm, they will learn in time what they must do,"
"Thanks?" Hiro questioned. "I'll...probably see you around then, Not-Warlic,"

Hiro walked down the street, looking at the completely wrecked city. The monsters looked vaguely familiar to him, but he couldn't pin down why.
He eventually made it into a large room, and like he was told, was another Warlic, similar to the one from BattleOn. And he also saw someone he wasn't familiar with. It was a knight in Crimson red armor with a blue hooded cloak that reached their mid-back.
"You must be the Warlic I was told to see," Hiro started. "The first Warlic was vague about the whole thing and I have no idea what's going on,"
"Welcome Hiro," Warlic replied. "That first Warlic is the one that is more familiar with the town, and I will be your companion for this. I am also Golem Warlic, though I represent the Warlic you are familiar with from BattleOn," 
"And who is that knight?" Hiro inquired.
The knight turned around. He looked Hiro up and down then looked at Warlic. "You sure I can whip him into fighting shape? Killer probably has a likelier chance of teaching him how to do backflips,"
"Are you talking about the same Killer I'm thinking of?" Hiro inquired.
"I guess I shouldn't be surprised," The knight replied. "Kloud is smarter than you," He turned to Warlic again. "I'm not sure he has the learning potential,"
"We will teach him what we can," Warlic replied. "My master demands he learns of the other Heroes of Destiny,"
"Fine," The knight replied before turning back to Hiro. He walked over to him and easily towered over the generic hero. "I will be your combat instructor for the coming lessons. Warlic will be the one teaching you what you will need to learn. I am very strict with my training,"
"With how Killer has been treating Kloud, it might be a welcome change," Hiro replied. He extended his hand. "I'm Hiro Ventura,"
"I'm not shaking your hand," The knight replied. "I'm not here to be your friend, I'm just here to put a little muscle on your bones,"
Hiro put his hand down. "You don't need to be as cold as Killer,"

"Who doesn't need to be cold like me?" Killer asked as he walked into the library. He stared at Hiro and the knight. "Am I interrupting something?"
"He thinks we're friends," The knight replied. "I never said we were and I don't plan on forming a friendly master-student relationship,"
"So that's why you're here," Killer replied. "Everyone else is outside. I told Kloud he was going to follow me around while I kept an eye on Hiro since I've somewhat been training Hiro as well,"
"If you want to continue, by all means," The knight gestured to Hiro.
"No!" Hiro started as he threw himself onto the knight. He stared up into the eyes of the knight then moved back. "I'm willing to learn whatever you want to teach, Crimson Knight,"
"You've scared him shitless," The knight stated.
"I think he knows how cruel I can be with Kloud," Killer replied. "But enough of that!" Killer walked over to Warlic. "What are we doing and how can I help?"
"I'm afraid it isn't much you can do to help, guild-leader," Warlic replied. "These lessons are for Hiro, and Hiro alone,"
"Let's say I have my apprentice that has helped Hiro along the way go with him in case he gets into trouble, then will I be able to help?" Killer inquired. "I wouldn't want to see our only hope get taken down by a monster a higher level than him,"
"If you think it would be best having those two run around together," The knight replied. "I'm not sure I trust them alone,"
"We're going to be around them, as long as we don't interfere with their training," Killer turned to Hiro. "Can I trust you and Kloud to get along?"
"I can try my best?" Hiro replied. "I'm not sure how well Kloud will be able to handle me,"
"He's put up with worse," The knight replied. "Way worse,"
"Then I shall go grab him," Killer stated. "Warlic, please tell these two what needs to be done, and I shall return with my apprentice so he may grow with Hiro,"