Chapter 37: The Pala-dead!

It was May 24th at about 12:15 PM. Hiro was standing in the bedroom of the great King Alteon, who wasn't looking any better from the fight that infected him with Chaos, he was standing in the room with Cysero, Artix,  and a red-headed woman in a pink outfit who introduced herself as Beleen the Beastmaster. Alteon was panting heavily as he was laying in his bed.
"Your highness, has the illness lessened?" Hiro asked.
"The healers are doing what they can," Alteon panted.
"Why have you called us here?" Artix asked.
"There is trouble spreading throughout the land, and I have a grave and urgent mission for all of you," Alteon went quiet for a few seconds as if to collect his thoughts, "I would like you all to look for the remaining Paladin's, their numbers are dwindling, and I need to know how many there are. Beleen, Cysero, I need you two to head to Doomwood and report there," Alteon took a deep gasp, "Artix, please return to town and do a headcount of Paladins. And please, for the love of the crown, stay in town," He closed his eyes again, "You three are dismissed, I would like to speak with Hiro alone,"
"Your highness," The three said as they took their leave.
"What is it you need, your majesty?" Hiro asked.
"Hiro, how long have you known Artix?" Alteon huffed.
"I've known of him for a while since he was a young Paladin, but I've only known him personally for a few weeks," Hiro replied.
"Would you consider him a dear friend of yours?" Alteon huffed.
"I would, your majesty," Hiro replied.
"I need you to look into something," Alteon huffed, "I am sending you to Doomwood to look into something, but I need you to keep Artix away from there at all costs!" Alteon started to enter into a state spastic seizures as the corruption on his body started to pulsate with an unhealthy glow.
A healer quickly went up to Hiro, "You must leave and let him rest now," Healer said rushing Hiro out of the room, which is where Kloud stood.
"Got anything useful out of him?" Kloud asked.
"A task, we should head back to town and tell your guild we need to get to Doomwood, and at all costs, we need to keep Artix away from Doomwood," Hiro replied.
"Where's Doomwood?" Kloud asked.
"On the far east side of Greenguard Forest, which is just outside of Battleon," Hiro replied.
"Then we better hurry back," Kloud said, he turned away from Hiro, "How's Alteon?"
"He went into a spastic fit once I left, the healer said he needed rest," Hiro's eyes went dark.
"We'll find a cure, I know of it," Kloud said, "Let's hurry back to Town," 
"Right," Hiro said, he pulled out his map then transported both of them back to Battleon.

After the situation was explained to everyone, they all made their way to the far east side of the Greenguard forest where they saw a spectacular keep with a statue of a paladin standing watch outside.
"Snazzy," Ken remarked.
"It's more well-kept than the one back home, that's for sure," Killer added. 
"This is the main keep for Paladins. All Paladin's train here and are sent out throughout Lore whenever they need it. If you need a Paladin, they've trained here," Hiro said.
"Ooooooh~! The shiny stabby men do the shiny stabby thing to the shiny stabby skulltans!" Butter Cup said. Everyone looked at her then went with their better judgment and ignored her.
"So what are we suppose to do?" Kloud asked.
"We're just meant to keep Artix out of Doomwood, but I'm not sure why," Hiro replied.
"Maybe we should ask around?" Mary Gold asked.
"Wouldn't hurt to ask," Jack said. Everyone walked over to the large door and opened it, where they saw Jacob, who was arguing with a much older Paladin.
"Jacob?!" Killer exclaimed.
"Master K!" Jacob quickly ran over with a smile.
"What are you doing here?!" Killer asked.
"You told me that if I ever wanted to find you to seek out the nearest Paladin order," Jacob looked back at the older Paladin he was arguing with, "He wasn't much help and didn't even know who you were, which made it harder,"
"No, I mean what are you doing here in this dimension!" Killer clarified.
"Oh!" Jacob turned to Mary Gold and held up some papers "The adoption papers went through," Mary Gold squealed happily then hugged Jacob tightly.
"So I guess that means I'm technically your dad now," Killer said.
"If you don't mind me using the name you've given me since we trained," Jacob said.
"You can still call me Master K," Killer replied.
"Awesome," Jacob turned to Hiro, "Who are you and what are you doing here?"
"This is Hiro. He's the person we're helping in this dimension," Kloud replied, "We're here in what I'm assuming is called Lightguard Keep to keep another Paladin out of the forest,"
"Why are we keeping a Paladin out of a forest?" Jacob asked.
"That's a really good question, actually!" Killer replied, "Why are we keeping Artix out of the forest?"
"The king didn't have time to explain," Hiro said.
"Then let's head out into the forest and find out!" Killer exclaimed. "I need to figure out why we're keeping Artix out,"
"Then let's figure out what it's like in the forest," Mystic said, and with that, they walked to the other side of the keep and left for the forest.