Chapter 24: The resolve of a fighter.

It was May 7th, at about 10:12 AM. It was in a village big enough for about 30 people, it was in a tavern, bards were playing a catchy tune as everyone ate their mutton and drank their ale, the inn keeper was cleaning some cups as a Hooded Killer sat at the counter with a kid in his early teens, he had brown hair and some ragged clothes.

The tavern was lively and people were laughing in the background as the hooded Killer rested his arms on the counter.

"You seem a bit out of it today." The bar tender said.

"I'm just thinking about something. I'm taking a break for awhile." Killer replied.

"He's been really busy lately with all the recent bounties." The young boy said, he a deep-ish voice.

"Your apprentice might be right." The bar tender said.

"Well something has been eating at me for the last two months, and I don't want to say." Killer said.

"What would be bad about saying?" The young boy asked.

"You never know when the enemy might be listening." Killer replied.

"Will you feel better if you mentioned without so many people around?" The bar tender asked.

"Why are you so eager!" Killer asked.

"I've just been asked a few questions by some people lately, looking for a short man with a green hair. And you never removed your hood so I can't tell." The bar tender replied.

"He probably doesn't trust you." The young boy asked.

Killer stood up. "We're leaving, Jacob." He turned towards the door and left, the young boy followed.

Killer reached outside, the young boy shortly after him.

"Is everything okay, Master K.?" The young boy asked.

"...I'm in hiding." Killer replied.

"From who?" The young boy asked.

"Hopefully you'll find out." Killer replied, he started walking down the road, the young boy followed.

"So what are we going to do now?" The young boy asked.

"Well first-" Killer said, he was quickly pulled into a bush, he was forced against the ground by Jena.

"You will answer any and all questions as of how you got that hood and Jacket!" Jena said angrily.

Killer looked at Jena, he kicked her off him, jumped up and pinned her against a tree.

"Tell me, was attacking me really your smartest idea, Jena?" Killer asked.

Jena realized what she did, she slowly hit her head against the tree.

"Are you going to answer me?" Killer asked.

"...It was stupid. I'm sorry." Jena replied.

"Good." Killer said, he let Jena go. "Now tell me what you want."

"We need you back in the guild." Jena replied.

"...What?" Killer asked.

"We need you back, badly." Jena replied.

"Did Enchanted not tell you?" Killer asked.

"She told us, but no one can transport us like you. We've been looking all over the village for you but you've hid your tracks well." Jena replied.

"Then you understand I can't rejoin." Killer said.

"Screw the rules, we need you." Jena said.

"And if I refuse?" Killer asked.