Chapter 2

Josh’s POV

“Alright GET PUMPED!” shouted my older brother Kevin.

“Lets do this!” shouted Garret, at the same time Brody shouted, “Make it happen!”

The four of us were just getting ready for our concert.

“Boys,” said our manager, walking over to us, “get ready, you are going on in five.”

We all took our places and as soon as we were ready, we heard, “Now, Take the Payne!”  I shouted “YAH!” at the same time Kevin played the first note and the crowd started screaming.  We ran onto stage and I was instantly hit with a wall of energy.  This was going to be an amazing night, the crowd was awesome.

We played some songs and talked to the crowd for a bit.  I love telling them stories of stuff that has happened to us, it makes me feel more connected with them.  We had a few more songs planned for them and we were in the middle of one of our newer songs, “Black Diamond” when Kevin stopped playing. 

The rest of us stopped when we saw the girl laying at the end of the stage.  Kevin walked over to her and helped her stand up, my god is she beautiful.  I couldn’t take my eyes off of her and I was instantly jealous of my brother.  He’s talking to her, and holding her hand.  Why couldn’t I have been the one to notice her laying there?

Kevin helped her back down to where she had been standing and I was amazed by how I hadn’t noticed her before.  She was right in the middle of the front row.  For the rest of the concert she was the only thing that I could think about and I knew that I would be in big trouble.  I should have asked her name and had a conversation with her while she was still up here.

She looked over at me and I knew that she could tell that I had been staring at her.  All too soon the concert was over and we were being ushered off stage.  I turned around to see if I could go and talk to her but she was already gone.  She is really messing with my head, and I haven’t even talked to her yet.

“Kev, what happened to that girl?” asked Brody, “Why was she on the stage?”

“Some guy lifted her onto his shoulders then she kicked him and fell onto the stage.”  So basically, if I had been paying more attention to the audience, I would have seen that and I could have been the one to help her up.

“Always the sensitive one, Kev,” joked Garett.  I mentally kicked myself, no wonder he gets all the girls.  Damnit, why can’t I get this girl out of my head?

“Bro, what’s up?  You have been awfully quiet tonight.”  Kevin notices this stuff, he really is a great brother.  Sometimes, though, I wish he was less observant.  I mean, I’m a guy, so I’m not supposed to have these thoughts, but I do.  I can’t talk about this stuff with the band, they wouldn’t get it.