Chapter 11

Kaylee’s POV

“Kaylee!  That shirt looks fine!”  I sighed and sat down on my bed beside Brooke.  She was losing her patience with me.  We had been trying to find myself something to wear for the past hour.

“I don’t know, B.”  I said to her.  I was tugging at the material on the shirt, trying to make it look okay.  “I don’t even know why I bought this shirt, I hate it!”  I took it off and threw it on the pile of other clothes that was scattered all over my floor and bed.  “Allie shouldn’t have invited them.”

Kevin and Josh probably had much better things to do then go to a stupid house party.  I mean, they live in LA!  They go to Hollywood parties all the time, this is going to seem lame and amateur to them.

“Kaylee, they said yes.  That’s a good thing!”  Brooke got up to search through my closet again.  She emerged moments later holding something shiny and purple.  She threw it at me and I caught it, holding it up to see what it was.

“I remember this!”  It was a dress that I bought ages ago, but never did end up wearing.  “But it will definitely be too small.”

“Just try it on.”  The dress was strapless and it went to about mid thigh.  It was a deep purple colour with silver threads woven throughout the material, making it shine when the light hit it.

“I can’t wear this!  I look-”

“You look hot!  Now come on, let’s do your hair.”  Brooke dragged me into my bathroom and sat me down on a stool.  She began curling my hair.  One hour later, it was 8:30 and my hair and makeup was done.  It didn’t even look like me.

Brooke had on a loose fitting black tank top and short jean shorts.  We were both wearing black heels.

“You girls ready?” shouted Zac from downstairs.  Since Anthony was going, Zac was going too.  Which would suck royally, but there is nothing I can do about it.  We were all driving together and my brother was anxious to get going.

“No way am I letting you out like that!” my brother practically shouted at me when he saw what I was wearing.

“Oh shut it Zac!  I can wear what I want!”

“I think she looks hot,” Anthony said, earning a playful slap in the arm from Brooke and a heavy punch in the shoulder from my brother.

“Don’t talk about my sister like that!”  He was still in shock at him and Brooke, but there was nothing he could do about that.

“Let’s get going then.”  I rushed out of the house before Zac could protest. 

We reached the house and the party was in full swing.  Zac was off to find a girl before I was even out of the car.  Anthony and Brooke got out of the car and my original plan was to follow them, but I decided against it.  Brooke is a flirty drunk, and if Anthony was there...man let’s just say I’m glad that I won’t be. 

I walked up to the porch and around the back, looking for the drinks.  For a moment, I wondered if Josh was here yet.  He probably isn’t.  They both are probably not here.  I don’t think they would actually come tonight anyways.  I mean, they are rock stars, and well this is definitely not a party that rock stars would want to attend.

After I grabbed a drink, I wandered through the house, looking for people I know.  The truth is, I actually know most of these people but I wasn’t really in the mood to socialize.

I sat down on one of the couches, I decided that if people wanted to talk to me then they could come over and talk to me, but if not, well I didn’t really feel like moving.  I let my mind wander back to the previous days events.