If

Harry looked at the phone that had been placed in his hand by his assistant. He'd re- read the message five times already. The message was from the last person in the world he ever thought he'd hear from again. It was from Louis Tomlinson. They hadn't spoken since the night he had gone with the other boys to support Louis when he performed at the x factor after his mother passed. It had been three years since any of them had been in the same room together. So much time had passed since they announced they were going on a 'hiatus'. The hiatus was meant to be for 18 months but they had all known deep down that it was a break up not a break. Harry re-read the message again.

Louis: I need to see you.

Harry: Why now?

Louis: I'll explain when I see you. Can you meet me at Niall's, tomorrow night at 10?

Harry: Niall's?

Louis: I've asked the other lads and you to meet me. Niall offered his house as a meeting place.

Harry felt a familiar rush of disappointment. For a moment he thought that Louis wanted to see him. That he wanted to talk about what went wrong. That maybe he missed Harry as much as he missed Louis. Harry sighed, took a deep breath and then responded.

Harry: I don't think that's a good idea.

Louis: I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important.

Harry: I'm really busy, I don't think I can make it.

Louis: Please.

Harry felt his eyes welling with tears of pain and anger but mostly he felt frustration at the way Louis still had a pull on him after all these years. Maybe there was only one way to break it.

Harry: I'll be there.

-------

Louis didn't realise he had been holding his breath or just how badly he was shaking until he tried to hit the send button on his phone. He'd been a little anxious to message the other boys but he had left Harry to last. Even typing in Harry's name to compose the message made his heart race and his mind fly back to the last six months they had spent together. He wouldn't let his mind go back any further because the loss hurt too much. He hadn't really thought that Harry would respond to him, not after everything that had happened... but he did. They hadn't been long replies or filled with any kind of emotion that Louis could find but at least he had replied. The idea of seeing the man that he had been so hopelessly in love with again after three years filled Louis with dread but he knew he needed to talk to all the boys about his idea and that of course included Harry.

That night Louis hardly slept at all, there was so much going on in his mind and he couldn't quiet it. The memoires of the time he spent with the other four boys kept flashing past his eyes as if he was watching a movie. Their time on the x-factor, touring, recording, laughing, fighting, loving and then leaving. Then the inevitable memories of splitting with Harry started to come back. They had been so in love and yet Louis had walked away and broken Harry's heart... and his own. He could still remember the night it happened as if it was yesterday not three long years ago. They had decided that it was time to come out and tell the whole world that they were a couple, that they were in love, engaged to be married but first they had to tell their management, record company and PR people. They wanted to do it right and to have things run as smoothly as possible. They went to the meeting they asked to be called, told the group of people before them their news and were met with mixed reactions but in general it was all positive. Their teams asked them to give them a week or so to work out the best way to go about everything. They had walked out of that meeting smiling like fools, holding hands and dreaming of their new open future together. That was until a PA had caught up with them and asked if Louis would mind stepping back into the office for a moment. Harry had waited for him in reception and Louis wasn't in the room for more than five minutes but that five minutes changed their whole lives. Louis felt his eyes welling up and decided to go and have a shower to try to distract himself. He had a big day tomorrow and beating himself up about things he couldn't change wasn't going to help anything.