Chapter 46: Remember Me?

LIAM’S POV:

I logged online and waited for my anonymous messenger to talk to me.

Then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket again.

‘Go unto Omegle and type ‘letters’ –A xx’

I did that.

“Hello…” I said awkwardly at her. “Hi, Liam.” She smiled that beautiful smile that, still, takes my breath away. “Hello… Abby.” I said, flashing her a small smile. “Long time, no see.” She said and laughed. I nodded.

“Yeah… so, are you coming?” I asked her. “Yeah, wouldn’t miss it!” She said, and smiled. “So, how have you been lately?” She asked me. “Um… I’ve been okay. How about you?” I answered. “Meh… not so great. Rosie’s leaving and well… my friends not close… it’s difficult.” She said.

“Who’s Rosie?” I asked her. “Oh! Rosie… she’s a very nice girl. I used to babysit her while her mum was in the hospital, but it turned out her mother…. Died.” She said with a sad smile. “Oh… I’m sorry to hear that.” I said.

She shook her head.

“Don’t be, Liam.” She said, “It’s okay. Rosie was the second best thing that ever happened to me.” She said with a smile. “What’s the first one?” I asked dumbfounded. “…You.” She said, and blushed. “Oh…” I said. I was speechless.

Was this true?

Was Abby still in love with me? She still loves me?

Most importantly… was what Emma said… true?

I noticed Abby had ended the conversation.

I heaved a sigh.

I can’t believe I let her go so easily.

ABBY’S POV:

I sniffled.

I’m so stupid.

I knew he didn’t love me anymore. I knew it!

I’m so, so stupid.

I shouldn’t have said that.

*

*

I called Chelsea.

“Chelsea… I made a big, fat mistake!” I said. “Oh no… what is it, honey?” She asked. “I talked to him… and I told him…” I said, tears streaming down my face. “Talked to who?” She asked. “To Liam! I talked to Liam, goddammit!” I yelled, trying to catch my breath. “What did you tell him?” She asked me. “I…. I… I can’t. Bye.” I said and hung up.