10. The Power of Knocking

Start from the beginning

Robin quickly went on a rant about the men in the club and I inserted laughs and comments when needed though I wasn't invested.

I tried my best to mask my annoyance at her anger, pretending as if everything was okay and that she hadn't spread that rumour.

Halfway through her rant, Raven came up behind me, engulfing me in a hug and kissing my cheek and head before I had to push her away.

She chuckled as she left Robin and her ranting ways to me.

Finally, after finishing my face, I turned to her. I kept my focus on her as she continued her rant until I cut her off, too annoyed not to bring it up.

"Why'd you make up that rumour, Robs?" I asked, turning away and casually putting away my supplies as if I had just asked her about the weather.

"Rumour?" She questioned, her voice having a slight lilt to it.

"Yeah, you know, about me and the boss."

Almost immediately, she started to deny it, her eyes wide and hands flailing in an attempt to convince me that she would never spread such a thing.

"Cut the crap, Robin, I know it was you."

No longer was the flailing woman, instead, I watched as anger started to fill in her veins and her eyebrows creased together. If I looked hard enough, it seemed as if a few tears had pooled in her eyes.

"How dare you accuse me of that," She seethed, hastily grabbing her bodysuit and storming out of the room, creating more of a scene than it already was.

I watched as she left and stood up, grabbing my makeup bag and pretending not to notice all the eyes resting on me expectantly.

"Girls," I called, waiting for all chatter to cease, "I was told last night by the boss that we will be having some new rules implemented within the club."

I paused a moment, taking in their faces.

"Some of you have probably already seen them posted up on the walls of the room and, before you ask, yes, these exact rules are the reason why Angel and Brandi are not with us today."

I took a breath, stabilizing myself as their focus remained on me. Many of their eyes darted around the room to try and find the papers, some succeeding, others not.

"I do not know how punishments will be doled out or how severe they will be, all I ask of you is to be careful and remember that you can always come to me to aid you if you get into any trouble whatsoever," I attempted to reassure them before mutely nodding at the small crowd.

"And don't forget to make some fucking money, bitches!" Raven's voice shouted from the back of the crowd, eliciting various squeals and shouts from the girls.

I gave her a silent thanks for lifting morale before packing my things away and slipping into the corridor.

I wasn't sure how my job would start, or where exactly I would be working from so I headed straight for the bosses office, pausing as I stood outside the door.

For the first time since I had arrived, I lifted my hand and knocked three times.

There was silence from the other side of the door before finally, a deep voice called.

"Come in."

Taking a second to ready myself, I pushed the door open, silently moving to the front of the desk. I didn't say a word as he kept his head down in his papers.

"Tell me the report Alfonzo, how did the deal go?" He said, still not lifting his head.

I almost chuckled at his mistake.