45 | the coder and the jock

the coder and the jock
by sarcasticoffeelover5 (aka anne peralta)

the coder and the jockby sarcasticoffeelover5 (aka anne peralta)

completed : -
rating : -
tw⚠️ : -

chapters : 22
age group : -
genre : -

representation : -

summary :
a house of cards is very fragile, all the cards need to be aligned perfectly. if one card slips the entire house collapses. so what happens when 6 friends whose lives are well interlinked with each other start struggling and even if one of them slips they all fall apart.

calista's insecurities have doubled and with her parent's constant arguments she has no escape other than her high school. however, things changed a lot in her junior year when she was sexually abused by a close friend and couldn't talk to anyone about it.

trying to escape from her dark past, she immersed herself entirely in coding and robotics. but when her crush finally gave her some attention, calista started hoping that some things might change for her. instead, she finds herself in an abandoned alley following him and his best friend to a secret location, where she gets absorbed in a world completely out of her comfort zone.

as she and her best friend fight through their senior year, she finds support from people she least expected especially an annoying athlete she hates; maynard perez. they become crutches that help her carry her weak heart while batting their inner demons.

6 friends. 6 sides. 1 a.i. robotics tournament that changes everything.

notes :
you started off with dialogue but honestly i would love some descriptions. like tell me about the room or something. and if you do start off with dialogue make it interesting.

a lot of editing is needed, nothing major. maybe add a few commas and work on your word order. especially your summary. i'm not a fan of your writing style.

i would recommend adding some descriptions with the dialogue. like not just dialogue tell me how the character replied to show emotion.

quotes : -

okay that's it!