CHAPTER [14] - Holding back.

Start from the beginning

"Open his door for me, I need to know if he's been hiding anything these days." 

The butler appeared to have seen a ghost, but he couldn't let it show, so he took out a keychain with the keys to the house's bedrooms numbered one by one."Sir, yes."

Damsel's breathing became more rapid.

C L I C K! C L I C K! C L I C K! 

The lock had been turned.

S C R E A C H, 

the door was flung open.

Carter stepped in,

The room was spotless.

The room was clean, and the walls were left intact with no posters or decorations; there was a comfortable bed as well as a desk and wardrobe; it was vacant, unsuitable for a teenager's room, but it satisfied Carter.

These were the rules he had set.

"Search the wardrobe."

-

After what seemed like an hour, Darren flinched when he heard Damsel's aggressive opening of the back seat door; when he looked back, he saw Damsel's in a hurry to leave figure trying to squeeze Samuel inside the door; Samuel was unconscious at the time, so his limbs were like gelatin, just hanging there, so it was a struggle before he was finally jammed inside. Damsel rushed to the driver's seat, and with a loud roar of the engine starting, he pressed his foot on the gas pedal, and the car sped forward. 

"He fainted," He coughed.

"Are you hungry?" Damsel asked, turning the steering wheel at a corner as he briefly turned to observe Darren,

he was looking outside the window, probably lost in thought since he didn't reply to Damsel, but after everything that had just transpired, he needed the space.

Damsel went to a drive-thru, buying 3 people's meals with his card, 

Right now, he hadn't thought of a plan. He wouldn't let the two brothers back into the Knight residence, he didn't trust Carter enough to let them stay under the same roof, especially not Samuel who couldn't defend himself.

And he wouldn't be able to take them back to the Prince residence either, 

Damsel loathed his pack at this point, he wouldn't be able to look his mother in the eye, and his father? He wanted to smack his face in. Without even trying to refuse, his parents had completely thrown him under the bus, and to the point where his father had tricked him into the meeting, tricking him out of his mate.

He hadn't had the time to think back on everything that had happened since he was met with Darren's household affairs, but right now, he never wanted to step foot in that packhouse ever again.

He was abandoned,

his parents had completely pushed him to his own demise, risking not only his mate but his happiness at the same time. No matter how much a child messes up, it shouldn't be reflected with the child's parents giving up on him, and in this case, they were planning on making him lose his mate at the same time.

When his dad didn't speak up in the meeting at all, Damsel knew that he had lied to him, he said he would fix the problem, he said that as long as he attended today's meeting, they would talk everything out.

But Nick hadn't raised his voice even once, not at all.

It was Damsel who had to fight for his own chance, and even during the time Damsel had brought his mate up, Nick stayed dead silent, not joining in to ask for those extra months, it seemed like he was dissatisfied with Damsel dragging things out instead.