17.

Chapter seventeen
"Thank you." Marlene smiles as she thanks the women for showing her where to go "Sorry I'm late," She says sitting her bag down onto the floor.

"I have an idea!" Kinsey beams. Marlene raised and eyebrow and folded her arms across her chest. "well, that's promising" She chuckles, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"No. Tyler's on his way. I'll explain it then." Kinsey places down the photograph. "Not nice to leave a girl waiting, Kins," She says raising an eyebrow making Kinsey roll her eyes.

"Do you remember when we asked Ellie how she could remember magic?" Kinsey still looked at the photo even though she had sat it down.

"Yeah, I remember." The girls nods her head, looking up at her sister. Before Kinsey could explain any further, Tyler entered the room.

"What's going on?" Tyler ran his hand through his hair. "Ellie said they found a way to remember the magic, right?"

Tyler and Marlene nodded to see where Kinsey woild going with this.

"They! The keepers of the keys."
"Erin's the only keeper left." Tyler added. "Erin can barley move her fingers nevermind tell us how to remember magic, Kins." Marlene sighed.

"Yeah, but if we go inside her head, then maybe we can find a memory of what Ellie was talking about, how they remember. Then we can make it so that we never forget."

The trip quickly made their way over to Erin.

"We're not gonna look at anything we're not supposed to." Said, Kinsey. "Well, obviously. This is already a complete invasion of her privacy. Not to mention the fact anyone could walk in and see us." Marlene began to contemplate what they were doing.

"If you're so worried of someone coming in then why don't you stay and be a look out?" Tyler sighed as Kinsey pulled out the head key.

"Perfect!"

Tyler and Kinsey made their way to Erin, putting the key in her head.

"Where is she?" Marlene asked. A second Erin didn't appear which they know is super unusual. "I don't know. It's weird."

"It's possible there's nothing in there." Tyler seemed to be doubting this plan. "We have to try anyway." The two made their way into the door.

Marlene's phone had began to ring as she was on watch duty. "Gabe, this isn't exactly the best time right now." She picked up.

"Are you alright? I just wanted to apologise again for last night. I was being a real dick and I just don't want you to think any less of me from what you see in my head." Marlene could hear him heavy breathing through the phone as if he were nervous.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have pressured you into something that personal. I just... I want to know you. All of you." She smiled into the phone.

"How about I come see you tonight?" He asked. "Yeah, I'd really, really like that." There was a moment of silence between then before Marlene realised how long her siblings had been in Erin's head for.

"Hey, I better go. I'm in the middle of something right now." She quickly hung up and slowly approached the door.

Opening the door she shouted into it. "Tyler? Kinsey?" There wasn't any response so she decided to step in.

"Guys!" She yelled into it. Marlene began to hear footsteps quickly approaching. More than one... More than two.

'That can't be right' She thought to herself. "Wish I was one of those people who carried a knife in their boots." She looked down at her burgundy coloured converse.

"It's us!" Kinsey said as she seen 3 figure approach her. "Thank god!" She looked at the girl who they were with in confusion.

"Erin." Tyler said. "It's Erin."
Marlene finally began to realise that Erin must've locked herself in her own head by accident. "Oh, fuck." She Moved out of the way, helping them all out.

"What is this place? Where are we?" Erin asked as she looked around hospital room. "We're in the hospital." Kinsey informed her.

Erin slowly approached her older self and leaned down to get a closer look at her.
"That's, uh, that's you." Said, Tyler.

"Do you want us to?" Kinsey started. "No. I'll do it." Erin then took the headkey out of the back of her neck.

The older Erin gasped as she finally was able to move her limbs and grasp the concept of reality.

𖤐

In the car ride home Marlene thought it would've been a good idea for Gabe to not come over considering their new house guest hadn't spoken a word in over 17 years and she didn't wanna overwhelm her with so many people in the house.

She pulled out her phone and began to text him.
"Hey, I'm really sorry but somethings came up. Rain check?" She asked before fully turning off her phone and putting it in her skirt pocket.

Marlene, Kinsey and Erin all made their way into Keyhouse. "Wow." Erin gasped "Looks exactly the same..."

Tyler then approached the trio. "Hey."
"Hi." Erin replied in awe of the house she had been away from for so long. "It's fixed up."

"Yeah, Mom does renovations." The door then opened revealing Nina. "Speak of the devil." Marlene smiled.

"You can look around if you want." Erin then began to slowly walk around and take in all of the memories.

"I know it must be a little weird for you to be back here." Nina was trying to fill in the silence but it was honestly just awkward small talk.

"Yeah, but in a good way. Thank you for letting me stay here until my trust fund comes through." Erin smiled.

"Of course."

Marlene noticed Tyler and Kinsey talking very quiet about the situation, but decided not to take part.
She began to walk upstairs.

"Marlene!" Kinsey shouted as she stood at the bottom of the stairs. "Hm?" Marlene turned back and looked down. "Are you alright?"

"I just need some quiet time. It's been a long day." She turned away from Kinsey and entered her room, laying down on her bed.

AN
hi guys xxx i know it's been 2 years since i updated this, but i'm a much better writer than i was when i was 14 and have a much better imagination i promise you!!! I hope you enjoy!!