11.

Chapter eleven
"Hey guys," Marlene said sitting down next to Kinsey and Tyler "Hey. We gotta talk" Kinsey's says "go on.." Marlene says. "Ellie admitted Lucas was there. She said she didn't have a choice and she seemed really scared " Kinsey looks at them "yeah, usually when you see your dead boyfriend you get scared" Marlene took a bite of her sandwich.

"Can you be serious for like one second, please?" Tyler says "I'll try my hardest" Marlene smiles. "Dodge is too powerful. We can't go up against her by ourselves" Ty says "so what are you proposing?" Kinsey asks "we need some help. We should tell our friends" Tyler continues "now we're adding more to the kill count? Lemme get my notes how many people is that? 4? 10?" Marlene says sarcastically receiving a look from them "sorry" She mutters.

"Scot and Gabe already know too much," Kinsey looks down "no, shutting people out isn't the answer. I mean, this is some otherworldly shit we're up against" Ty says but is cut off by someone yelling.

"Hey! Not finished with you" they hear Eden shout "what'd you do now?" Marlene asks "I have no idea," Kinsey says. "You know, I always thought that you were a freak." Eden says "maybe she found out about the music box prank?" Tyler says "or the hair removal I put in her shampoo?" Marlene jokes receiving another look from them. "This is exactly why we can't tell anyone about the keys. Let's go" Kinsey gets up and starts walking away.

"You're not so scary now with your claws and your monster make-up, are ya?" Eden says making Kinsey stop in her tracks "my claws?" Kinsey says "seriously, you're gonna play dumb?" Eden turns around to see some weird monster that attacks her "Eden!" Kinsey shouts. Kinsey and Logan grab a lacrosse stick hitting the monster off of Eden which causes it to run away.

"So I guess you told her, huh?" Kinsey asks as the three group together "How'd Eden react?" Tyler asks "surprisingly well," Kinsey says "uh... I'm gonna go get some snacks for everyone. You guys want anything?" Tyler asks "I'm good," Kinsey says "Nah" Marlene replies after her.

"Eden okay?" Scot asks "yeah, she'll be fine" Kinsey replied "good. Good. I mean, she's not exactly my favourite person in the world, but life would be a lot less interesting without her, right?" Scot laughs "so, she got attacked by a seven-pound feral cat? Cause that makes total sense" Gabe says "yeah, it was huge... So traumatising" Marlene frowned.

"Okay, here's what actually happened. I used one of the keys to take the fear out of my head. And everything was great for a while. Then things got messed up. I let myself get closer to you" Kinsey looks at Scot "and then you kissed Gabe" Marlene said crossing her arms "I wasn't worrying about the consequences. You're both amazing. I mean, that's the problem. I know I should choose but-" Gabe cuts Kinsey off "it's okay. You don't have to" He looks at Kinsey "Unless you have options other than Gabe and scot?" Marlene adds. "Wait. Give me a second" Kinsey says as her phone rings.

"You have to understand, I was doing what u thought was best for my son... But I'm done being afraid. Lucas, the one that I knew, was sweet and charming. Dodge, that was my nickname for him. He was on the fencing team. It's a little cheesy, I know, but... Now that name means something completely different to me"  Ellie says.

"What happened to him?" Ty asks "the night after graduation, we had a sleepover here in the basement, but Rendell wanted to go down to the caves. A few weeks earlier, we had found this door down there" Ellie continues "yeah, we know about it" Kinsey adds.

"Your father became obsessed with getting it open, and we all went because the key had only brought good things into our lives"
"How do you remember any of it? The keys, the magic? We thought after you became an adult, you forget" Kinsey asks
"We found a way to remember," Ellie says making Kinsey and Tyler look at each other.